Honored Contributor

Re: Just A Reminder (Daylight Savings Time)

On 3/8/2015 JustJazzmom said:
On 3/7/2015 feline groovy said:

Make sure these ALL coincide with "<em id="yui_3_16_0_1_1425775582101_2814">spring</em>ing forward" : Smile

* watches

* car clocks

* cell & smart phones

* cordless phones

* answering machines

* computers & tablets

* clock radios

* other digital & analog stuff

I'll add one more: thermostats should be moved forward an hour too.

It might be a good time to change your smoke detector batteries too.

smart phones shouldnt need to be changed.....neither should computers or tablets.

interesting about thermostats. not sure i have ever seen a thermostat with the time on it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Programmed thermostats do have the time . You set them to fit your schedule. They are great, especially for working people.
Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Tissyanne said: Programmed thermostats do have the time . You set them to fit your schedule. They are great, especially for working people.

thanks tissyanne.....we dont have one that can be programmed, but then i tend not to touch the thermostat at all. in any given season it rarely goes up or down. i keep it constant depending on the time of year.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I'm so glad! Now for the snow to melt and for it to get nice and warm, so I can spend my extra daylight outside, digging in the soil, pulling weeds, and getting the gardens ready to plant! Love daylight! And since I work full time, the only daylight I really get to enjoy is later.

Trusted Contributor

My dog woke me at the same time.
Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 3/8/2015 Tissyanne said: Programmed thermostats do have the time . You set them to fit your schedule. They are great, especially for working people.

thanks tissyanne.....we dont have one that can be programmed, but then i tend not to touch the thermostat at all. in any given season it rarely goes up or down. i keep it constant depending on the time of year.

sunshine45, you are welcome. I had never seen one either, until we bought our current home. When my husband and I were both working, it was nice to have the thermostat programmed as to not heat or cool to a comfortable temp when we were gone. One hour before we arrived home it would reset it's self. Now that I am at home I leave mine set at a constant like you do.
Honored Contributor

It's my favorite day of the year. I like to save.