Honored Contributor

Re: Just 4 fun. What can’t you find at grocery?

@bonnielu wrote:

My husband.  He is always wandering off and I have to take extra time to find him.  Other than that we are well stocked for what I need and want.  

I'm thinking of getting one of those long poles with a flag on top and sticking it on top of the cart.  Kids use them on bikes!  What do you think? LOL 

Respected Contributor

@Dragonflyveb wrote:

Other than the usual TP, wipes, sanitizer. 

For me, the past couple months, no frozen peas or corn, smoked sausage.

Last two grocery runs, no canned tomatoes or Mountain Dew Code Red!

Strange times we live in!

Dragonfly 

@Dragonflyveb     Napkins, (even now we can't find them), Yeast,  Rice, and, of course, Clorox wipes and Bleach.  For more than a few weeks, there was no margarine to be found anywhere except for the lucky few.  

Respected Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

Napkins at my Target 

@scatcat  We can't find any either!!  Toilet paper everywhere now, but no napkins anywhere around where we live. 

Trusted Contributor

@Dragonflyveb  For many weeks I haven't been able to find my Minute Tapioca.  I like to use it in my pie fillings.

Regular Contributor

@hayseed00 

I couldn't find tapioca either.

Ended up ordering from Amazon. Same price as grocery. I got 3 boxes, just because I got tired of putting it in my grocery list week after week!

Dragonfly

Trusted Contributor

@Dragonflyveb  That's where I finally ordered it also !!!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Except for disinfecting wipes which the stores have been out of since March I’m generally able to get everything I want. 

The only thing I couldn’t get this week (looked in two stores) was Dove dark chocolate sea salt caramel chocolates for my husband.  

It has been a shock to see big empty spaces in the grocery aisles and the general merchandise aisles in Walmart — never imagined it could happen.

Trusted Contributor

Crystal Light Pink Lemonade, various flavors of Fancy Feast cat food, Yasso bars

Respected Contributor

Lately it is canned tomatoes and spiral hams.  There were plenty of canned tomatoes earlier during the shutdown, but the shelves have been empty for a couple of weeks now.  

And canned black eyed peas.  I have jalapeno peppers coming out of my ears and found a recipe that uses diced jalapeno added to canned black eyed peas (along with a few other things) and not a can to be found the last couple of weeks.  I don't think my fresh jalapenos will last until New Year's when they probably will be readily available.  lol  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Hellman's light mayonnaise and no salt added Rotel. Both continue to be elusive these days.