Honored Contributor

Re: Just 4 fun. What can’t you find at grocery?

@RedTop wrote:

No brand name toilet paper or paper towels for months now at IGA.  

Bleach shelves are full, but no cleaning products.  

No Dawn dish soap, only Joy, Ivory, and generic soaps.  No Dial hand soap.  

No ramen noodles, hit and miss on elbow macaroni, spaghetti and egg noodles.  Canned beans and canned tomatoes are well picked over.  

Bread was low today.   This IGA store is being updated, so the entire refrigerated section for eggs and dairy was missing today.  

The pet food section has not been stocked well for months; only 10 lb bags of the dry dog food I buy, which would last maybe 4 days for our dogs.  I have 100 lbs on order  from WalMart. 

@RedTop .  I've found almost everything you mention at Walmart the past two months.  Lots of toilet paper in the popular brands.  Amazon also has TP.  I get big bags of dog food on auto delivery from Amazon.  Free delivery.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

liquid hand soap

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Toilet bowel cleaner

Amy’s frozen burritos (that one surprises me)

Hand soap, had to find it other places but still difficult. 

Valued Contributor

Almost everything people have mentioned we have - the two things that are hard or impossible to find:

1.  Lysol spray (ever since they had it on TV that it kills viruses it's been MIA

2.  Jif Crunch PB - I found some but only the large size.

Pretty much everything else is in stock.

Contributor

Cleaning products - what happened to all of them ? Clorox wipes & windex. Not in any of the stores I shop in & I shop in many. Cannot find cleaning products at all.

They have laundry detergent & dishwashing liquid & brillo but, no windez or clorox wipes & I always use them to clean the kitchen counter, bathroom etc.   

Respected Contributor

Husbands. They're usually featured in the end caps of the canned goods aisles, but I haven't seen any since February. I'd thought I might get a concentrated one and reconstitute him in sections, see how it went, but they're nowhere to be found.

Just goes to show, you've got to buy it when you see it because you never know when it'll disappear. At least I got some pepperoni and gemelli today.

Esteemed Contributor

Rotel tomatoes, although I finally found them this week. Other than that, it's the usual Lysol wipes and Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Spray. I havent seen either one of those for months.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624,

Yes, needless to say I don't depend on my IGA store for everything I need.   It is my preferred choice of the 3 grocery stores here, since I don't shop inside WalMart, and only go to Kroger when I'm looking for whole hams and turkey breasts.   

Regular Contributor

TILEX. I haven't seen it since March. Had some on pre order from Amazon for about 2 months. Amazon finally cancelled. I guess they realized that they wouldn't be able to get them.

Wipes are tough to find, but I've found if I can get to the stores when they open or during early "senior hours", I have been able to get a canister here and there. 

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

Husbands. They're usually featured in the end caps of the canned goods aisles, but I haven't seen any since February. I'd thought I might get a concentrated one and reconstitute him in sections, see how it went, but they're nowhere to be found.

Just goes to show, you've got to buy it when you see it because you never know when it'll disappear. At least I got some pepperoni and gemelli today.

Woman Surprised I see you in a very new light, @noodleann. This all sounds a bit Dr. Frankenstein.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr