Respected Contributor

Re: Just 4 fun. What can’t you find at grocery?

Bounty

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

MIne still doesn't sell Strawberry Bubly. They used to, then they pared down the offerings mid-shortage-crisis and haven't brought it back.

It's not impossible to find it somewhere else and they still have my Mango, but I took for granted that I could have any Bubly flavor whenever I wanted from my grocery store, and now I can't. It is not that big a deal but I am still annoyed about this one little thing.

My grocery stores have probably all flavors. I have bought blackberry, grapefruit, cherry, raspberry, lime, orange and watermelon. That stuff is great. 

Honored Contributor

In my area, paper towels (good quality ones)  Also what paper towels are available, they are only white.  Print paper towels are almost non existing.  Plenty of toilet paper & other paper product.

Trusted Contributor

@Moon Child wrote:

Silk Soy Creamer - Original flavor :  Nothing else compares.  And I need coffee to complete me, LOL!  

Good luck shopping everyone!

@Moon Child 

I just read that coffee is chock full of nice antioxidants and quite good for your insides. I knew it! Mmmmm, coffee...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a madness to my method: I make a list of everything I need for the upcoming week. I plug in those item on Instacart.

Then I go to Amazon Fresh and plug in as many of the items that are available. If it is available, it means I'll get it, unlike Instacart that often doesn't have at least a couple of items I want and ordered.

Since Amazon Fresh is almost always less expensive, I place on order to arrive one day before my Instacart order. Once I have those items, I take them out of my Instacart order.

Then once I receive my Instacart order, I go to TJ's to get items that either Amazon or Instacart didn't have plus items that I prefer to get at T.J's.

This is my life now! But at least I'm only going to one market and one that has excellent safety precautions.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
New Contributor

WhiteLily Flour... can't find it anywhere. It's sold out online also.

Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Canned beans, cream condensed soup, yeast along with bread flour have been difficult to find. I try to keep a month's supply of pet food along with cat litter. Certain brands are hard to find.

Respected Contributor

@Shawns1now   I got White Lily unbleached bread flour and all purpose White Lily from Walmart shipped to my door (think they use FedEx) the first week this month.

To avoid shipping charges you do have to make a minimum $35.00 order and sometimes you have to order a multiple of an item instead of just one unit.  For the all purpose White Lily I ordered 2 sacks.

Sometimes you have to keep checking and something they have been out of will pop back in.   You need to also tick off that you want them to show you items that do ship to your home.  I don't do in store pickup even before the pandemic--since I don't drive.

And I only want items from/carried by Walmart.  A lot of the outside vendors have outrageous prices or restaurant/commercial sized food items.

Hope this helps.

aroc3435

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

MIne still doesn't sell Strawberry Bubly. They used to, then they pared down the offerings mid-shortage-crisis and haven't brought it back.

It's not impossible to find it somewhere else and they still have my Mango, but I took for granted that I could have any Bubly flavor whenever I wanted from my grocery store, and now I can't. It is not that big a deal but I am still annoyed about this one little thing.

My grocery stores have probably all flavors. I have bought blackberry, grapefruit, cherry, raspberry, lime, orange and watermelon. That stuff is great. 

I am sooooooo jealous. I need to try the Watermelon. Did not know about that one. Thanks!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

Been looking for diet dr. pepper & cream soda since they started advertising. Found it once, haven't seen it since. I know, not a need, just a want.

Also, no cleaning wipes since April. If I go for chicken breasts, all they have is thighs, and vice versa. Completely out of any kind of chicken when this all started. Couldn't find tuna for awhile, that's back. That's all I can think of.