Honored Contributor

Re: Juniors Not Paying Employees!

I have ever known unemployment to pay what you make at work.  The owners of the restaurant my grand daughter works in paid her two full weeks, including the usual tips.  But for servers, unemployment does not cover your tips, which my grandaughter usually lives on.  

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I have ever known unemployment to pay what you make at work.  The owners of the restaurant my grand daughter works in paid her two full weeks, including the usual tips.  But for servers, unemployment does not cover your tips, which my grandaughter usually lives on.  

@shoekitty  Unemployment never paid what you made at work. I have collected a number of times working for the airlines.

Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@noodleann  The $1200 relief payment is not a benefit that you "paid into for decades" nor is it an entitlement. For some it's a lifeline.  For many it's spending money. 

Please stop trying to demonize people because you resent their good fortune. You've twisted language so you can label the Economic Impact Payment (IRS term, not your call) "relief" and repeatedly indicate you think that some of us shouldn't get it. That's also not your call and it's inappropriate.

Some of us here are well off. Some of us are not. Some have just themselves to support. Others are floating two other generations on top of themselves and possibly a spouse. They rarely toot their own horns. Sometimes I'm amazed by their bon homie in the face of their burdens, but they keep hoofing it.

So in their defense, and in mine, it's not up to you to pass judgment on who's entitled to the Economic Impact Payment and who isn't. That's already well established by whoever devised the program.

And on a purely energetic note, you're cresting way too soon. This is going to make 2008 look like a cakewalk. Conserve your bile, because you ain't seen nothing yet.

Respected Contributor

Notwithstanding the Junior's issue, nobody should be questioning what people are doing with their relief check--or whether or not they "need" one.

There's a reason such stimulus checks are sent to everyone without means-testing, and it's in large part because this economic turbulence affects everyone differently.

What worries you masters you.