Contributor

Re: 🐾June🐾 Is Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat-Month 🐾

Cat

Contributor

Cat

Respected Contributor

My early cats, I adopted because they were strays that sought me out--and those cats are magical, too.

My two I have now I adopted from a rescue group and they are equally wonderful,  They give me more than I ever give them.  Such sweet little companions.

Contributor

Cat adopt

Respected Contributor

All my cats have been rescued and one cat who had a home deceided she liked us and started living with us. When her owners were getting ready to move my  husband of all people wanted to keep her and had me ask them if we could keep her! My husband loved her because she liked living outdoors and when he went out to work in the morning or when he came home she would bring him a dead rat, mouse, bird and once a squirrel! My indoor cats were spoiled and babied and he didn't consider them 'real cats'. I guess thats why we are divorced.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not a *cat person* really.  But my heart goes out to the strays.  The feral ones that are frightened of people.

Of the last 3 cats we've had, two were wild.  The first one would let us pet her, the one we have now (it's only been a month) won't.  But we're totally okay with that.

I couldn't imagine ever letting them go outside (but that's a whole nuther thread). 

They truly are appreciative for the comfortable clean bedding, fresh water and not being fearful at their food dish.

I took her straight to a vet when I trapped her the first time.  I had her fixed and she was vaccinated.  I have to trap her again and get her to the vet for her booster shots and it's not an easy task. The vet will have to *dope* her to check her out. 

So she's safe and she's happy, but she's not in my lap purring away, and that's okay, too.

Wish me luck on Monday....

Respected Contributor

@JDJ555....I have a Tortie that looks almost identical to the picture you posted. I rescued her when she was two weeks old and was abandoned by her mother. The vet said she would probably not survive. She is now eight years old and is my precious girl.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

@JDJ555 Thanks for the reminder. We have always adopted our cats - over 36 years and counting. So many need homes ❤️

Super Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

my Punkin and Izzy heartily endorse this -  as we have lived happily ever after such adoptions.  do something good for the world of animals -  and for yourself!  win-win!

❤️Punkin & Izzy & @ms traditional❤️

Thanks!