Honored Contributor

June Bird's Nest - Welcome Summer

Good Morning Birding Friends ~ After some hot weather (90's) last weekend, I've been enjoying the cooler temperatures (60's-70's) this week. I hope that Summer arrives gradually this year and we have some cool days. Last year, Michigan Summer was squirrely and we had so many days near 100 that it was difficult to go outside and enjoy it.

My sparrows, Poppi and Peewee will be 7 years old this month on the 24th. Although I've lived with them for a long time, I still marvel at their existence. Not a day goes by that I'm not amazed by them {#emotions_dlg.wub}. Grayson is not giving up on the rubber chicken {#emotions_dlg.bored}. I'm pretty sure he's a male pigeon. According to various internet sites male pigeons have flatter heads and more iridescent feathers at the neck. When I take him outside and other pigeons happen to be scoring some of the seed I place out there he struts like a male and demonstrates dominant behavior. I bought him a plush toy (to keep him company) and he sometimes knocks it over and tries to have 'relations' with it. From what I've read, it's not that uncommon for male pigeons to try to have 'relations' with inanimate objects or to sit on faux eggs. I thought about taking the rubber chicken away, but I'm scared it will cause him emotional damage. Since he doesn't do it all day and still plays with toys, eats and interacts with me, I'm going to pray that it's a phase {#emotions_dlg.huh}.

I've never had what could be called 'text book' normal pets. My previous pets (both dogs - strays) also walked to the beat of a different drummer. I don't know if they find me because I'm a kindred spirit or if they arrive normal and living with me changes them {#emotions_dlg.laugh}.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: June Bird's Nest - Welcome Summer

A pukeko is a New Zealand bird.

Hi Birding Friends,    I had a BIT of trouble finding this thread and hope all of you can find it too.   

I didn't expect the powers that be to make the 're-do' of the Community boards to user unfriendly.   I hate this new format.    Confusing,  twisted, duplicitious,  and probably cunningly formatted to make us not want to bother coming here, but rather go to the selling part of this site.  Not going to work with  cynical me, though.    I buy less and less here all the time and haven't watched a show in months, if not years.   I used to have the Q on all the time, but not any more.

Hoping to see all my Birding Friends soon.   

Honored Contributor

Hello there Possummink - I am afraid that I am having a very hard time with this format. 

I need to figure this out so I don't know when I'll be posting the next bird of the day.  Posting using to be really easy and something I enjoyed doing.   My screen jumps as I type this as if the text box is shifting.

I don't know if I can overcome this.  I am not having fun right now.  It's so foreign I might be taking a break.

Respected Contributor

Hi there - not sure when or if I can find this again.

Honored Contributor

Hello!  Bird mama, I'm not having fun either.  I just wanted to stop by and see if everyone here has found their way to the Bird Nest.  Hope your all together soon.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

I agree, Possumm,.  I just now found this thread.  I am looking for my thread of Quotes and cannot find it.  Who has time to rake through this muck as it is set up now, it is unbelievable!

Hi to birdmama and Winifred and everyone else.

Honored Contributor

This bird's nest if from June 2012.  I believe they lost June 2015.

I worked 9 years in IT and still can't get into this haphazard junky layout. 

Honored Contributor

me take comfort serious

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor