Honored Contributor

Get real, Judith. What planet do you live on?

Trusted Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

They can say whatever they want, but their tired sales pitches don't work on me. In fact it's quite the turn off to me.  Some of these hosts (and vendors) are getting so bad that the channel gets changed.  I only buy based on what I like and need, not based on thier phony enthusiasm..  Judith's stuff doesn't appeal to me at all anyway, lol.

I am responding to your sentiments regarding the sales tactics.  I used to watch the channel all the time and loved it. Talk about entertaining. But, that has now all changed. I find the sales tactics worthy of the stereotypical strident hard sells.  I am certain they are under tremendous pressure to sell, sell, sell. It is most unfortunate.  As for Ripka, I do have her older pieces that are lovely.  She no longer owns the company that carries her name.  She is the Creative force and spokes person for the new company.

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

......well....I have the bracelet .......bought it on clearance and it is stunning......if I had the doe, I'd buy another and wear together on the same wrist. It rocks the house!

The bracelet was very pretty and not the usual run of the mill jewelry that you often see at QVC. I thought it was very pretty and it would lead itself to wearing with many different outfits.. Wear it in good health!

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@momtochloe - cool....a fellow collector!  I started around 2005....I have monacos and necklaces up the ying- yang....just can't get enough.....I buy clearance now.

@MickD I thought of you this morning as I watched first a Michael Dawkins clearance show (sniff, I will miss that man and his jewelry) and then a Judith Ripka clearance show.  Both were hosted by Mary (the one that is with David on ITKWD on Sundays) and it was a nice couple of hours.  She is so easy to listen to in her presentations and does such a great job.  As I haven't watched any of those shows in a long time it was a rather fast and nice couple of hours . . . Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see the show or the bracelet, but I understand the price may be out of reach for some to buy just one--let alone two. However, I am a fan of bracelets and love the look of wearing more than one at a time.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Judith says buy two...

[ Edited ]

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Judith says buy two...

[ Edited ]

I guess what annoys me the most is the constant uring people to buy on "easy pay."  I can see doing this for an expensive item, but I can picture many people shocked to see their "easy pay" bill.  Even small purchases add up amazingly fast.  

Honored Contributor

Heidi Daus has also gotten ridiculous with the prices--------hundreds of dollars for cuffs and necklaces................Heidi Daus "Lux Rhapsody" Crystal Choker Necklace

$1,899.95
or 4 FlexPays of $474.99
S&H: $6.21
Heidi Daus "Kaleidoscope of Color" Multi-Row Necklace
$849.95
or 5 FlexPays of $169.99
S&H: $6.21
CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Esteemed Contributor

The hosts and vendors almost always give that gentle suggestion to buy more than one of anything.  Some shoppers will do it no matter the price because of the lure of easy pay.

Honored Contributor

@catlover  I can't imagine paying that for jewelry from a shopping channel!  That's ridiculous.  I guess it sells or they wouldn't have it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau