Honored Contributor

Re: Judge Orders Both Twins To Pay Child Support When Neither Admits Paternity

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Those "men" admitted to switching identities for sexual encounters.  That way no woman could positively identify either one.

I cannot believe that people are blaming this woman.

Since the DNA was inconclusive, these two jokers got bit in their miserable sneaky arses.  Good for the judge.

@Cakers3   Havn't any of them heard of birth control?  There are several methods and if those dudes make a habit of flinging, they better begin using it or they could find themselves paying more child support down the line.  I wonder why the woman wasn't using birth control, maybe she wanted a baby.

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Those "men" admitted to switching identities for sexual encounters.  That way no woman could positively identify either one.

Since the DNA was inconclusive, these two jokers got bit in their miserable sneaky arses.  Good for the judge.

@Cakers3   Havn't any of them heard of birth control?  There are several methods and if those dudes make a habit of flinging, they better begin using it or they could find themselves paying more child support down the line.  I wonder why the woman wasn't using birth control, maybe she wanted a baby.

@mousiegirl   Maybe her birth control failed.  It does happen. 

Since we don't know how ignorant or educated anyone in this situation is about birth control, I cannot say anything more.

Sometimes things happen.

@Cakers3   If they weren't educated about birth control, then how about abstinence.

Respected Contributor

Wow, too bad those twins were IDENTICAL, poor lady didn't know who she was with when she conceived.  

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl   That is a moral judgement I won't make.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

I can't believe the finger pointing at the mother of the baby, the true father thought that he was going to get away freely and his twin brother is in on the "joke" but it backfired on them. 

@JaneMarple  To steal a phrase from @suzyQ3, you must be new here😁

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

That's an absolutely awful decision because it penalizes the man who did not father the child.  Granted, it is Brazil and not the US.  The child still will never know who her father is unless the real father comes forward.  Which I'm sure with double the cash at stake, the mother surely does not want that!

The twin that is not the father simply had to tell the judge it was his brother not him and he would not be on the hook for support along with his brother.  Instead he decided to stand mute in hopes the father would get off without having to pay support.

IMO it was a reasonable decision by the judge because the only other choice was to let both brothers off the hook because the father could not be identified leaving the child with no support.

I should add that there is  very expensive, very sophisticated DNA sequencing which would also require the child to be sequenced that could determine which twin was the father.  The procedure is not readily available and who knows if Brazilian courts recognize it.

You wouldn't think it was reasonable if you were the man who did NOT father the child.  Two wrongs don't make a right.    It was a cheap and easy but  unfair decison.  I think because the judge half expected that that the real father would fess up, he wouldn't want to make his twin pay for his problem but apparently, that did not happen.  Brazil isn't Mars...LOL  If such a test does exist, it's going to be expensive and the twin who treated so badly by the courts and by his own brother probably cannot afford it and their is no guarantee that the judge will even accept the results.  It was such a horrendous decision, he might not want to back down.  

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mousiegirl   Maybe her birth control failed.  It does happen. 

Since we don't know how ignorant or educated anyone in this situation is about birth control, I cannot say anything more.

Sometimes things happen.

@Cakers3   If they weren't educated about birth control, then how about abstinence.

@mousiegirl, seriously? If they didn't know about birth control, which is doubtful, do you seriously think that such humans would just ingnore their instincts?

And if they did not use birth control, yeah, it happens, especially with a casual fling. Is it wise? No. But we are not always wise, wherever we may live.

And maybe they did use birth control, but it failed them.

Finally, what difference does it make? None.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland