Honored Contributor

Judge Orders Both Twins To Pay Child Support When Neither Admits Paternity

Sounds like fiction. But it happened in Brazil: 

A pair of identical twins in central Brazil are in double trouble after a judge ordered them both to pay child support for a single baby.

One of the twins had a casual fling with a woman who later gave birth to a baby girl. The woman isn’t certain which twin is the dad.

Judge Filipe Luis Peruca ordered the brothers, identified only as Fabricio and Fernando, to take DNA tests. Both tests came back positive, according to The New York Times, and neither man would fess up to being the father, likely hoping to avoid paying up.

The judge, who sits in the state of Goiás, said the two men were taking away the child’s right to know her real dad. He ordered each twin to fork over $60 a month, or 30 percent of the Brazilian minimum wage, toward child support.

That actually helps the child: She’ll be getting twice as much as kids from a similar economic background, according to the BBC.

Peruca also called out the deadbeat dad in his court ruling, accusing him of acting in “bad faith” and stating “such vile behavior cannot be tolerated by the law,” according to the New York Daily News.

The judge ruled that the names of both men will appear on the girl’s birth certificate.

(Huff Post)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Judge Orders Both Twins To Pay Child Support When Neither Admits Paternity

A modern twist on Solomon.

Valued Contributor

Sounds like the perfect case for Woman LOL p10063603_b_v5_aa.jpg

Honored Contributor

Actually, there is a new test that can determine which identical twin fathered a child.

Go here:https://www.kqed.org/science/13117/identical-twins-no-longer-able-to-get-away-with-murder

The article also says there are more identical twins being born than people realize.  Six out of every thousand babies born (estimated) are identical twins.

This is an interesting article.  I've always been fascinated by twins.....period.

I've never personally known twins but I've read a lot about them.

Respected Contributor

No wonder the woman of the baby doesn't know which one fathered the baby girl.  She's getting double child support.  

Honored Contributor

I used to date a guy that had a twin brother.

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

No wonder the woman of the baby doesn't know which one fathered the baby girl.  She's getting double child support.  

@Sunshine Kate, I doubt that she could have predicted the outcome of the trial. And I bet the men are a bit surprised. Good for the judge.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I have identical twin daughters who are 50.  They do have same dna, 

Honored Contributor

The mother sounds like a piece of work.   It is really pathetic that her daughter will not know who her father is.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

The mother sounds like a piece of work.   It is really pathetic that her daughter will not know who her father is.

I personally see the guys as pieces of work. The woman just was not able to say which one was her casual fling. The men are trying to get out of any responsibility for a child.

Oh, I guess it comes down to how horrible one views a casual fling. I'm in the "doesn't bother me" camp unless it's continuous and reflects an emotional problem on the part of the woman -- OR MAN. Capitalized because we seem to give men a pass for flinging.