Respected Contributor

Re: Juan Pablo is a Deadbeat Dad!!

On 1/8/2014 RetRN said:

Could these women sink any lower? I guess it means 15 minutes of fame for them.

Hey, if U R going to pass judgement, as U state, include men in this. It's called the Bachelor and the Bachelorette.

Super Contributor

What about deadbeat moms? No one ever calls them that. I know a mom who left her 5 month old and 4 year old daughter (who didn't belong to her husband) to move in with a guy she was cheating on her husband with. Never had to pay her husband a penny of child support. He worked and took care of the two children with no child care. He would take the little one around in a baby seat to work while the 4 yo was in nursery school in the morning. Then he would have both of them after that. Fortunately he worked as an independent contractor, so he could do that, but it was extremely hard on him AND the little children. I knew this couple and lost all respect for this woman......wouldn't walk across the street to help her.

Honored Contributor

This may be the season that I get rid of this ""guilty pleasure."" I don't find this guy attractive at all.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

On 1/8/2014 aprildreams said:

What about deadbeat moms? No one ever calls them that. I know a mom who left her 5 month old and 4 year old daughter (who didn't belong to her husband) to move in with a guy she was cheating on her husband with. Never had to pay her husband a penny of child support. He worked and took care of the two children with no child care. He would take the little one around in a baby seat to work while the 4 yo was in nursery school in the morning. Then he would have both of them after that. Fortunately he worked as an independent contractor, so he could do that, but it was extremely hard on him AND the little children. I knew this couple and lost all respect for this woman......wouldn't walk across the street to help her.

A deadbeat is a deadbeat is that better?

Super Contributor

On 1/7/2014 Marp2 said:

The child was born in 2008. According to the entire National Enquirer article he and the mother were together for two years. The judgement was issued in May, 2011.

The Florida Department of Revenue's Child Support enforcement Program slapped Juan Pablo with an income deduction order, requiring employers to automatically deduct $243.94 per month for child support, plus $49.00 per month for retroactive child support until the outstanding balance of $3,574.57 was paid.

This does not look like a "deadbeat dad" situation to me, more like the initial start of his child support from a family court hearing retroactive to when he and the mother separated.

Thank you. Exactly what I was thinking.