Honored Contributor

Re: Jst say NO to Generic Shoe Boxes

I am guessing they stopped using boxes at all for some shoes just to save on shipping...even though they still charge enough to send in a box.
Honored Contributor

I think the lack of an original box makes it suspect that the shoes are not new...or are imperfect “seconds”. QVC’s shoes are so overpriced it will never be an issue for me
Honored Contributor

here is what i assume if i received something in a generic box and it looked in perfectly new condition......shoes or jewelry in particular.

boxes were damaged en route from the manufacturer. qvc keeps generic boxes on hand so that these damaged boxes are not shipped out to the customer.

boxes were damaged OR not used if someone was making a return of a perfectly good new pair of shoes or jewelry. again, qvc keeps generic boxes on hand to repackage the items and ship them out.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess   

@lovesrecess wrote:
I am guessing they stopped using boxes at all for some shoes just to save on shipping...even though they still charge enough to send in a box.

this is my thought exactly. if they are ordering 1000's of shoes, how much more is it in shipping weight, if they are all in boxes, compared to not. 

personally, i don't care either way.  if they look pristine, i'm good. 

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Just use a magic marker on the box.  Not a problem.

@Imaoldhippie    @Perkup 

Duh .....    It's pretty surprising what people consider major "problems".   LOL

Super Contributor

I worked with a woman who would buy shoes tell the store to keep the box so she could sneak the shoes into the house with the groceries and her husband didn’t know she had bought another pair of 👠. I thought that was clever!
Respected Contributor

I want the shoe box from the manufacturer.  It's the way I keep my closet organized.  We all have different systems, but I need the box and NOT a generic box. 

I'll just buy shoes elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Not gonna lie, I thought about this thread and laughed as I put 3 shoe boxes in my recycle can last night.  LOL

@Lipstickdiva 

Me, too! The minute I know I am keeping them, the shoe boxes go out to the recycling bin. I don’t want cardboard in my home any longer than necessary. They attract bugs. I thought everyone knew that but I guess not.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

I only keep shoes that I wear  occasionally in shoe boxes.  My everyday shoes are stored on the shoe shelves in my California Closet.

The shoe boxes are stored on the top shelf and I need a step stool to get to them.  To make it easier to know what's in the boxes, I took a picture of the shoes and taped it to the box.  Now I can find the shoes I need without opening every box to have have a look.

This sounds like a really great way to be organized. Smiley Happy

I put my shoes in those plastic shoe boxes that you can get at the Mart stores.

When I had kitties, they liked to lay on my shoes and take naps on them and flatten them. Smiley LOL Heart

I had decided then, that it would be better to put them in shoe boxes, or if the shoe boxes that they originally came in were sturdy enough, I could just keep them in there. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I sure don’t keep all of the boxes that my shoes come in, but I like to have some for shoes I don’t wear frequently.  

Why should I toss these out, and then pay to get plastic boxes that do the same thing?  

Im getting ready to move, and am happy to have my better shoes in their original boxes, for protection during the moving process.