Honored Contributor

Re: Jst say NO to Generic Shoe Boxes

Who knew that people care about the box?🤷🏻‍♀️ I can’t get rid of the boxes fast enough. Mine are either out in the open on the shoe shelf in the closet or the ones I don’t wear very often are in clear plastic containers that MATCH. I can’t stand all the mish mash of different shoe boxes in my neat closet. 😝
Respected Contributor

If I kept all my shoe boxes I would need another house to store them.  I can't seem to part with my shoes.  I cut up and toss our shoeboxes in the recycle bin.  I store boots and seasonal shoes in totes in the closet of our guest bedroom. 

Respected Contributor

Just for the record, a generic box does not bother me at all.

Respected Contributor

Spoiler
All your suggestions ae good ones.  However,  you can put the description or photo or whatever on the original box just as easilly as you can on a QVC generic box.  I just prefer the new shoe boxes - from the manufacturer - on my shelves so that I don't have a need to redo what the manufacturer has already done. 

As they say, "To Each His Own".  If need be I will just purchase my shoes from a B&M store.  If it costs a little more per pair to have the original voxes, I'll happily pay it and skip the generic QVC boxes.  It's what I pefer, and I cannot imagine that the manufacturer doesn't feel the same way.

Also when I buy shoes or whatever from a B&M store I have them in hand immediately.  And if I buy from some of the stores I frequent via the internet, I don't pay S&H or even return postage, so I save the money I'd save at QVC.  Oh, well.  Their choice, not mind.

Honored Contributor

i have shoe "cubbies" from hsn......origami.

i dont keep any shoe boxes. they get put out with the recycling.

it wont bother me at all if i get a generic white shoe box. this is a non issue for me.

lots of good ideas here though if you DO keep shoe boxes.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I care about the box too, and the tissue paper inside  I do not toss the box out regardless.   As the OP says, "she knows what's in there."

Think about it ... when you walk outside, you're stepping in oil, dirt, hair, grime, animal droppings ... and you put those shoes back in your closet touching the floor, or in open modular storing units.   Yuk.

Esteemed Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

I care about the box too, and the tissue paper inside  I do not toss the box out regardless.   As the OP says, "she knows what's in there."

Think about it ... when you walk outside, you're stepping in oil, dirt, hair, grime, animal droppings ... and you put those shoes back in your closet touching the floor, or in open modular storing units.   Yuk.

What would be the difference, the closet floor or modular storage units that can be cleaned vs a cardboard box on a shelf that has no ventalation and not cleaned.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

Hi @CrazyDaisy    Shoe boxes are "paper."    Other storage units are usually plastic.   The breathability factor is one, too much plastic in a closed closet emits an unsafe vapor harmful to humans.., also the oil products on shoes would emit some type of aroma if "exposed" within a closet uncovered.  Just trying to protect my fellow gals who are shoe lovers like me!  

Esteemed Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Hi @CrazyDaisy    Shoe boxes are "paper."    Other storage units are usually plastic.   The breathability factor is one, too much plastic in a closed closet emits an unsafe vapor harmful to humans.., also the oil products on shoes would emit some type of aroma if "exposed" within a closet uncovered.  Just trying to protect my fellow gals who are shoe lovers like me!  

What does that have to do with....

"Think about it ... when you walk outside, you're stepping in oil, dirt, hair, grime, animal droppings ... and you put those shoes back in your closet touching the floor, or in open modular storing units.   Yuk."

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

Thanks for this, I've seen them before but I just never get around to buying them.  This is the way I should be storing my foot wear.  Although, I would still tape my Sprocket picture to the front of the box.