Honored Contributor

Re: Jst say NO to Generic Shoe Boxes

I only keep the boxes for shoes that I know I'm only going to wear a few times a year otherwise I pitch them so who really cares what kind of a box they come in.

Honored Contributor

I solved that with my Sprocket.  It was my daughter's idea and I love.  I take a picture of my shoes or boots with my cell phone, print out the picture with Sprocket and take it to the shoe box.  Prior to that I used Post It notes with a description of the shoe/boot.  The picture is much easier, grab and go.   

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I toss the boxes.  My current season shoes are kept on open shelves.  Out-of-season shoes are in a big mesh hamper in the bottom of the closet.  

I can see at a glance what shoes I want to wear.

@ALRATIBA: I don't keep shoe boxes either. Does that mean I'm unorganized? Smiley Tongue

@Diva on The Q 

Not at all.  Can you find the shoes?  If so - you are organzed according to my definition.  Smiley Wink 

Esteemed Contributor

I recently ordered a couple pairs of shoes from Amazon.  They came in a ziploc shoe bag, no box at all.  Shipping is a box has to be more expensive.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I toss the boxes.  My current season shoes are kept on open shelves.  Out-of-season shoes are in a big mesh hamper in the bottom of the closet.  

@ALRATIBA: I don't keep shoe boxes either. Does that mean I'm unorganized? Smiley Tongue

@Diva on The Q 

Not at all.  Can you find the shoes?  If so - you are organzed according to my definition.  Smiley Wink 

@ALRATIBA: Yes, I can find my shoes right away for the most part. Sometimes I have to search around a little. Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

When did this start happening? If I ever get a pair of shoes from QVC in a box other than from the manufacturer, I will return them and NEVER shop again for shoes on QVC.  That is a disgusting practice and makes no sense at all.  I cannot even describe how unsavory that is.  It has not happened to me, but I haven't received a shoe order in a while.  Way to make something nice seem like a used piece of trash!

a "disgusting practice"?  "unsavory"? because it's not in a manufacturer's box it seems like "a piece of trash"?

wow! that's some strong opinion you have there.

I want to be sure they are new from the manufacturer, not somebody's used/worn return.  The box is part of the product/brand/style.  It is standard everywhere else in the world, I don't want substandard service from QVC.  I just won't buy shoes from them if that's what they do. Would I buy shoes at Bloomingdales or Lord and Taylor without the box?  No. It would be extremely bizarre and make me wonder, what's wrong with these shoes that they don't come in the box they originally had?  It would seem fishy. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@kittyloo wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

When did this start happening? If I ever get a pair of shoes from QVC in a box other than from the manufacturer, I will return them and NEVER shop again for shoes on QVC.  That is a disgusting practice and makes no sense at all.  I cannot even describe how unsavory that is.  It has not happened to me, but I haven't received a shoe order in a while.  Way to make something nice seem like a used piece of trash!

a "disgusting practice"?  "unsavory"? because it's not in a manufacturer's box it seems like "a piece of trash"?

wow! that's some strong opinion you have there.

I want to be sure they are new from the manufacturer, not somebody's used/worn return.  The box is part of the product/brand/style.  It is standard everywhere else in the world, I don't want substandard service from QVC.  I just won't buy shoes from them if that's what they do. Would I buy shoes at Bloomingdales or Lord and Taylor without the box?  No. It would be extremely bizarre and make me wonder, what's wrong with these shoes that they don't come in the box they originally had?  It would seem fishy. 

I would guess that many manufacturers will be shipping shoes in "bulk" to places such as QVC and HSN save shipping costs.  The fact that some places are offering generic boxes would indicate that fact.  Just because they have a box from the manufacturer is not a guarantee that they have not been worn or a return, people return things all the time even shoes.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Diva on The Q 

@ALRATIBA: Yes, I can find my shoes right away for the most part. Sometimes I have to search around a little. Smiley Tongue

@Diva on The Q 

Your "search around a little" reminded me of something.

When I retired in 2010, I went through my closets to donate all my no-longer-needed corporate attire work clothes ad shoes.  After all the bags were off to Goodwill and Salvation Army ... I was going through "organizing" remainder and I could only find one of my favorite summer shoes.  I was distraught ... I searched all over and under things.  I was about to throw the orphan shoe away when I thought ... maybe it's mate will show up ... so I saved the orphan.

Move ahead to summer of 2018  I'm rearranging some shelves in the bedroom and what do I find behind the shelf .. the mate to the orphan. 

Went and got the orphan out of my mesh hamper and put the shoes on and wore them around for a while.  Put both shoes back in the hamper and haven't worn them since.  I probably should donate them.

So - searching around a bit is perfectly okay!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If one really must have their shoes in boxes, Amazon sells clear shoe boxes.

This is a set of 24 for $42.82

Sterilite 16428012 6 Quart White Storage Box (Pack of 24)

Amazon.com_ Sterilite 16428012 6 Quart White Storage Box (Pack of 24)_ Gateway.html

Sure, it's an investment, but it seems to me that it would save  a lot of angst.
The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

In the last 2months I ordered 2 pair of sandals.One was a pair of Earths from QVC & the other I ordered off the Clark’s website.They both came in original manufacturers boxes.

I would think that if they came in bags or generic boxes that they would be returns. I would send those back as defective!!