Respected Contributor

Jst say NO to Generic Shoe Boxes

[ Edited ]

Silly?  Perhaps, but for me, generic shoe boxes are a killer.  I keep my shoes in  boxes to prevent soiling and just for neatness and organiation. (And puppy prevention) Works for me. I rely on the boxes to tell me what brand of shoes are there, and keep colors and sizes straight. QVC's new generic boxes really destroy my system.  No brand names, no sizes or colors on the box.  Sure I could put something on the end to identify the contents, but that's already done by the shoe manufacturer.  It annoys me so much I won't be ordering more shoes from the Q. Bring back the boxes from the manufacturer and let me stay organized, please. They aren't QVC shoes. They're Sketchers, Earth brand, Sam Edelman, Isaac Mizrahi, Clark's or whatever.  Let it be. What's next?  Generic brand labels on clothing?  No, thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jst say NO to Generic Shoe Boxes

I only keep shoes that I wear  occasionally in shoe boxes.  My everyday shoes are stored on the shoe shelves in my California Closet.

The shoe boxes are stored on the top shelf and I need a step stool to get to them.  To make it easier to know what's in the boxes, I took a picture of the shoes and taped it to the box.  Now I can find the shoes I need without opening every box to have have a look.

Honored Contributor

I was a bit surprised when recently I received a pair of Sketchers in a generic shoe box. They were not sold AS IS and it was clear to me that they were someone's return. I kept them but I admit I was a bit surprised that more care hadn't been taken to make them appear new (no tissue, or anything to keep them looking unworn).

Honored Contributor

I toss the boxes.  My current season shoes are kept on open shelves.  Out-of-season shoes are in a big mesh hamper in the bottom of the closet.  

I can see at a glance what shoes I want to wear.

Respected Contributor

When did this start happening? If I ever get a pair of shoes from QVC in a box other than from the manufacturer, I will return them and NEVER shop again for shoes on QVC.  That is a disgusting practice and makes no sense at all.  I cannot even describe how unsavory that is.  It has not happened to me, but I haven't received a shoe order in a while.  Way to make something nice seem like a used piece of trash!

Honored Contributor

I believe it was last year I ordered a pair of boots on clearance from QVC and Kerstin made a big deal about the fact that they came with a box because many times clearance shoes don't have a box.  I was like "huh."  If the shoes were brought into QVC at a higher price then marked to a clearance price, why would they not still have the boxes? What do they do? Toss the box when the price gets marked down?

I ordered a pair of shoes from an on-line site and they were shipped to me rubber banded together, no box at all.   More recently, not only on QVC but on HSN and Evine, I have heard hosts mention the fact that shoes came with a box.  I'm guessing that in the not too distant future, shoes are going to be shipped without a box.

I toss the boxes anyhow for shoes.  I have an over the door shoe rack and the overflow goes on my closet floor.

Honored Contributor

Just use a magic marker on the box.  Not a problem.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I toss the boxes.  My current season shoes are kept on open shelves.  Out-of-season shoes are in a big mesh hamper in the bottom of the closet.  

I can see at a glance what shoes I want to wear.

@ALRATIBA: I don't keep shoe boxes either. Does that mean I'm unorganized? Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

When did this start happening? If I ever get a pair of shoes from QVC in a box other than from the manufacturer, I will return them and NEVER shop again for shoes on QVC.  That is a disgusting practice and makes no sense at all.  I cannot even describe how unsavory that is.  It has not happened to me, but I haven't received a shoe order in a while.  Way to make something nice seem like a used piece of trash!

a "disgusting practice"?  "unsavory"? because it's not in a manufacturer's box it seems like "a piece of trash"?

wow! that's some strong opinion you have there.

Honored Contributor

I take a photo, put the information under it on my computer and print a big label for the end of the box.  That way it is so easy. to see and remember what you have!  

Just print a stick on label on your printer and stick it on!  EASY and ORGANIZED!