Honored Contributor

@colleena    I wish I had a way of telling those guy's parents what good kids they raised.  Thanks for the birthday wishes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
My parents are both alive and I can't even imagine what it would be like not having them here on this earth.my heart goes out to all who have lost parents or anyone close to you.

@Luvsmyfam 

I used to have the same feelings.  Now I have lost both of my parents.  It feels kind of unreal at times.  It has been awful.  Today would be my mother's birthday.

I found out that I have a potentially serious medical problem.  After getting back in the car after the doctor visit, my first thought was that I wanted my parents!

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003  My parents always made me feel like everything was going to be ok. It sounds like yours did the same for you. I hope your medical issue turns out to be less serious. Take good care of yourself.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2  My mom died in 2009, about a month before my birthday. The first few years were the hardest...she ALWAYS got me a beautiful card, made a wonderful dinner for me, and bought a cake (she wasn't a baker, lol!). 

My birthday, and hers, are the days I still miss her the most.  We didn't always celebrate on the exact day, but we always talked on the phone those days. It was several years before I stopped expecting a phone call from her on my birthday, and before I stopped thinking about picking up the phone to call her on hers.

It's really true, at least for me, time DOES make things easier. I hope the same for you.

Respected Contributor

Your mother sounded like a sweetheart.  No wonder why your posts about her are so dear.

I know it's not easy, but I hope you have a nice birthday.  

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Birthday.  I miss my Mom too, way more than I though I would.  She passed in August 2020.  She was a huge sender of cards, for every occasion.  No more Mom, no more cards.  I saved every last one of them throughout the years.  Your life is never quite the same once your parents are gone.  But I was thinking, just yesterday, that my parents surely missed their parents a lot too.  I never heard them talk about it though.  They just got on with things and moved forward.  I am having a bit more trouble doing that than they seemed to.  Blessings to  you all.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I understand. My mother passed away last December and my birthday was in Feb. I always received the most beautiful card from her with pictures and a lovely note.

I try to concentrate on the great relationship we had and I believe I will see her again one day.

I hope the thoughts and memories of your mother brought you some comfort on your birthday.  Happy Belated Birthday!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Today is my birthday, I don't say this to garner well wishes, I have a point to make. This is my second birthday without my mom, I never miss her more than on my birthday. She would be the first to wish me a Happy Birthday, she would give me too much money but she was happy to. She would always say "show me what you bought". My mother gave me unconditional love, I wasn't always her favorite child but in her later years I was and knew it. 

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. 

I just had my 4th birthday without Mom. It's tough. Mom was my best friend and we always did a lot together. 

I don't know if you believe, but if you do, open your mind to your Mom. For me, there are times I can feel her presence, even feel her hug. She came to me about 6 weeks after she passed, too. I'm a firm believer that we're still connected, just in different realms.

Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Jordan2    Let me tell you what happened on my birthday which was last month.  I was a little down in the dumps because, like you, only one person wished me a happy birthday, my sister.

It was a Friday, my car had been in a body shop most of the week having some repair work done.  The called me about 4pm to say it was ready and they were sending someone to pick me up.  This lovely very young man arrived and we drove to the shop.  He asked me how my day was going and I told him it was my birthday and I'd been sitting a!one at home all day.  We had a nice conversation.

Got the car and drove back home.  About an hour later, the doorbell rang and there was my young man and another mechanic standing there with a small birthday cake in their hands.  I couldn't believe it.  Nothing like that ever happened to me before.  First birthday cake I've had for years and years.  It was so sweet of them,dont you agree?

I don't want you to be forgotten so, happy birthday to you!

That is such a wonderful thing!  Happy Birthday 🎂

Honored Contributor

Re: Joyless Birthday

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 

Oh, bless your heart...❤️  Birthdays just aren't the same without our mamas.  Mine would call me every year on my birthday at exactly 10:20 am, the time I was born.  She would sing happy birthday to me.  Gosh, I miss those days.  I've had 5 birthdays without her call. 💔 💔 

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Re: Joyless Birthday

[ Edited ]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all celebrating in July.  This is your month. Sending birthday hugs to you all.  I wish you could hear me singing to you.  
xoxo