Regular Contributor

Joy's miracle clean removed from HSN site

If anyone purchased this go to the HSN community boards there is alot of activity about people getting ill from this product. Better safe than sorry

Valued Contributor

Re: Joy's miracle clean removed from HSN site

Wow.  Thanks for the heads up.  I bought a set of cleaners Joy sold many years ago and was totally underwhelmed.  After that experience, I decided to wait for reviews before buying the new cleaner.  Never expected this kind of a problem.

Honored Contributor

There are several threads here on this board about it as well.

Honored Contributor

I guess the miracle is that it disappeared.  Joy has foisted so many bad products on the public, I'm surprised people will still buy her stuff but they seem to flock to it like it was the bargain of the century.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I usually buy her huggable hanger sets at Christmas time.  They are usually a good deal and have awesome gift bags (with tissue) included.  I always look forward to the "quilted" gift bags as much as the hangers!  Though I do love her hangers.  That's all that I buy from her line.

Super Contributor

I was one who ordered the cleaners and was one of the first to complain about the nasty smell. And trust me, it didn't smell good. Then I thought I would at least try it out. The oder everyone is smelling is thyme...and after using it, I noticed the smell dissapated pretty quickly and once I knew what that smell was, it wasn't so offensive to me and to my surprise, it cleaned my granite countertops, my stainless steel appliances, my sinks and tubs, floors, walls. I have yet to try it on mirrors or windows, but I will. Then I got to thinking about the smell of bleach cleaners, a smell we all associate with killing germs and the smell of Joy's cleaner is no more offensive than the bleach,just different, plus it works well for me. I have not gotten ill affects while using it, my pets are fine. I think it is just a really different smell, one we are not used to, and the fact that Joy says she made it scented, which it really isn't, is kind of off putting. She would have been better off saying what it truly smelled like. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette  I used to buy her hangers  until I found hangers that were similar everywhere else, in stores and online.  Better price and hangers hold up just as well.  

Super Contributor

I still see it for sale on the HSN website.

Esteemed Contributor

This is the 2nd thread about this product.

The product is not gone. 

MiracleClean™ Fast & Powerful 20-piece Disinfect & Clean Super Set 

$26.95
FlexPay available
FREE SHIPPING

Lousy reviews.  HSN removed it temporaily when they went over the review.  Here's the post from HSN-

A Note from HSN

HSN Responds to Customer Reviews

Over the past week, some customers have expressed concerns about the MiracleClean product. 

There were a few common themes across the feedback we received, and we wanted to be sure to address them and hopefully set your minds at ease.  We temporarily removed MiracleClean from HSN.com while we reviewed all comments.

What’s up with the smell? MiracleClean’s primary scent is Thymol, the botanically derived active ingredient and a component of Thyme Oil, which comes from the Thyme Plant. Thymol is found in products many of use daily as a powerful antiseptic/disinfectant. MiracleClean is infused with Forever Fragrant technology, so you’re left with the subtle scent of Orange Blossom, Warm Vanilla, Fresh Linen or Spring Meadow after the scent of Thymol dissipates.

We know this new smell of clean may take some getting used to, but we do hope you’ll give it another try.  If the scent is too strong, start with less product than you would normally use.  You can rinse it if it’s still too strong, though you don’t have to.

Although the scent may take some time to get used to, we’re sure you’ll love MiracleClean’s cleaning power right away! 

Honored Contributor

@forsythia1 wrote:

I still see it for sale on the HSN website.

When there's a 20% off coupon, I'll buy another one.   I can get past the scent as it cleans so well. 

I"m glad they put it back on the website.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"