Esteemed Contributor

Re: Joy Mangano is Leaving HSN

@Wsmom wrote:

So SSC, Joy; is Adrienne still on with her Signature Club A or has that already disappeared?   They are cleaning house it seems.

@Wsmom

I believe that I saw Adrienne this past weekend. She is still hanging on. 

Respected Contributor

@Bird mamaI love JM hangersHeart I bought them many years ago and they are still perfect.  Thanks for the information.

Esteemed Contributor

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2018/12/21/joy-mangano-exits-hsn-in-wake-of-its-purchase-by-q...

Linda Moss, aka Homeshoppingista weighs in on the news.

Maybe Qurate should be pronounced karate as they are karate chopping their older and long time vendors.

I wonder if Joy Mangano sold the rights to her name when she sold her company Ingenious Designs to HSN. It's those intellectual property rights to their names that inventors and/or brand owners end up regretting selling when they sell their companies.

Honored Contributor

I could never stand to watch Joy on HSN.  It was more than her incessant talking, it was the sound of her voice.  It was like a nail was being drilled through my temples. 

However, I purchased her little steamers about 7 or 8 years ago -- what a disaster!  It was a set of two; one worked for three days, and the other worked for five days.  Even when they worked, they spurted out terribly.  That was the last of me and anything Joy Mangano. 

Respected Contributor

For those of you that like her hangers there are knock offs out there. I ordered some from Walmart and about the same price as a TS. Very similar product.

Trusted Contributor

Well, HSN was carrying quite a bundle there with carrying financial obligations for the compensation Joy was getting and her company employee's salary and benefits.  I imagine eliminating that company and her was quite a cost savings. In addition, with all the knock offs of her products, perhaps the sales were not what they used to be. I wonder how long Colleen Lopez will be there. Follow the money. .

Respected Contributor

The only guest I really hope does not leave is Curtis Stone.  He has the best cookware ever.  I threw out everything  else and just have his brand.  I also miss Adrian's jewely line, she had great costume jewelry.

Trusted Contributor

I wonder who's next? I have a feeling they are phasing Adrienne and Perlier out of HSN. They want more QVC brands on HSN
Honored Contributor

Target and Macy's also sell her hangers.   

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama You are correct about Joy being involved in other brands sold on HSN.  I think she was involved in Todd English (think that's the name) cookware sets, Iman's items, and some others I think.