Honored Contributor

Re: Joy Mangano is Leaving HSN

Sorry to read this.  I have purchased many of her hangers.  They are wonderful, and are great closet space savers.  Also I own her little steamer.  She did have some pretty nice things.

Things will never be the same.....as we all know.  But do believe they have bitten off more than they can chew.  We'll see what happens.....

Respected Contributor

Could not but chuckle when @ellaphant said Joy, talk, talk, talk, I thought of  her and Susan Graver in the same room! Talk, talk talk. Earplugs please.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama I own nothing from Lori and one set of Joy's hangers, (which are reasonably good), and I plan to keep it that way... Guess I'm just not in to all that innovation...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

None of us can see the future.  Okay, some people may be able to see the future Woman Wink

If Joy had not sold Ingenious Designs to HSN she'd have them by the short hairs now, rofl.

Hey, should could just be tired of doing this.  I wouldn't blame her.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

So will all her products be on clearance?  I have never bought any of her items.

Esteemed Contributor

My guess is that she has a do not compete agreement with HSN/Qurate. Once the agreed time lapses Joy will re emerge with a new company & new ideas.She will  have to come up with a new company name because she sold her rights 20 years ago!!

Moral of the story, don’t get greedy & never ever sell your business unless you’re ready to retire & walk away!!

Honored Contributor

@missy1  I don't think so because HSN bought Joy's design company and Qurate bought out HSN.  They may adjust the product offerings. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Could she just sell the name to someone who will sell the products?

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

@Bird mama

I like to think it’s because of the Miracle Clean fiasco. She outright lied about the wonderful scents... I think HSN lost a bundle on that product.

@Tribesters

It had nothing at all to do with Miracle Clean. 

Respected Contributor

I am not surprised Joy is leaving HSN...when I read that she was becoming a UN Champions of Innovations board members you could read the writing on the wall.  I did not buy a lot of her items and could not even watch the entire movie (but the ending was good). I am sure she will join the infomercial world while she works on the UN project.

"UN Women will announce the appointment of six Champions for Innovation at International Women's Day commemoration event on 8 March, co-organized by Innovation Norway, SAP and UN Women. The Champions include fashion designer Rachel Roy, actors Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Zoe Saldana, former NFL player Wade Davis, inventor Joy Mangano and historian Nina Ansary." (Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018)  

http://www.unwomen.org/en/news/stories/2018/3/un-women-to-announce-champions-for-innovation