Honored Contributor

Re: Journalists at Sochi are live-tweeting their hilarious and gross hotel experiences.

You are right Scottie, but at least they were free and alive before this happened. They have trouble taking care of their people, so why think about their dogs.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

Re: Journalists at Sochi are live-tweeting their hilarious and gross hotel experiences.

On 2/5/2014 Predsfan said:

Our local reporter has friends there and she said they have been tweeting about curtain rods propped up by the windows, windows that don't secure, no lobby at all, bathrooms that don't work, orders to shoot any dogs seen in the area, etc. She said they were saying it's a nightmare and they were already ready to get out.

omg - {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

From Fox News .... Looks like the hotels are the only trouble.

KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia -- Shaun White pulled out of the Olympic slopestyle contest Wednesday after being dinged up on a course that riders are criticizing as unduly harsh.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

From Fox News .... Looks like the hotels are the only trouble.

KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia -- Shaun White pulled out of the Olympic slopestyle contest Wednesday after being dinged up on a course that riders are criticizing as unduly harsh.

I heard that on the radio this morning. White said he didn't feel that the course was safe. I don't plame him for pulling out.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

TG .... I'm afraid for them. Seems things just are ""put together"" correctly or something.

Respected Contributor

Hacking the horrors...I guess if the US gov't does it via the NSA etc it is OK but if a foreign state does it is so wrong... glad the journalist are being made uncomfortable like the rest of us..

Respected Contributor

I can't imagine that anyone is really surprised about the conditions there.

Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2014 beammeupscottie said:
On 2/5/2014 nunya said:

nunya ... I read about that a few days ago and it broke my heart.

ugh. mine too. They've had how long to build a shelter and find another solution

Hi Nunya, and Preds. A shelter? Heck they don't treat their people as well as we treat our pets. No way they'd have any concern for dogs.

Well they said they would build one after activist for animals got after them last year. Doesn't surprise me though, after reading other things.

Respected Contributor

TG .... I'm afraid for them. Seems things just are "put together" correctly or something.

I am too. Honestly, I don't think Russia is ready for the world stage at this time. There is just too much corruption and other bad things going on over there. They don't have the proper infrastructure to pull something like this off. I'm very nervous, especially with the terrorist threats on top of everything else that's going wrong.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

Wonder how Putin thought he could pull this off successfully.