Re: Journalist Mark Halperin Has Been Asked To Step Away from TV Appearances

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@silver fox wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I have not watched for years the morning news talk show he was on regularly but I did wonder if they are even covering this story, and how much time devoted to it in comparison to other allegations for others who have been accused.  I must admit I was a bit shocked when I saw he had been accused for this he always struck me as straight up by the book and go straight home from work type of man.  I guess you never know what anyone is doing.

Yes they are covering it

Thanks for letting me know @Silver Fox1since I do not watch any on either side of the street so to speak anymore.  I just read the print copy the other just makes me get mad.  I refuse to start my day off with any of them anymore.  As for the posts about the "boys" ect..  it just may come out there were Women who abused their own positions as well, not just the boys.

@beckyb1012

I was listening to a radio talk guy about an hour ago when I was driving and he said that the channel wasn't covering it and I actually watch the channel and know that they were indded covering it.   I wanted to call in and tell him to stop telling lies (I've heard this guy do the same many times).

Also, I would be really, truly surprised if we hear that women will be found to have groped, verbally and physically assaulted and sexually violated men in the kind of numbers, or anywhere close to, those we see with men. Do you have a reason to think they do?

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

Men will keep doing this until women speak up...

@Bri36

I would add that they will continue until the women who speak up are believed.

Respected Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I should no longer be shocked by all of these revelations but in addition to the one noted here, I just read that a big mucketymuck in the art world just resigned because nine women came forward to accuse him of abuse. What is WRONG with these powerful men? I’ve known dogs with more self control. Sheesh! How disgusting these powerful men have been! It’s about time women fight back.

@Vivian. I have to say....in all my years of working the only time I had a boss be inappropriate with me...it was a female boss.  I was so young at the time I had no idea how to handle it....I just ignored.  Now would be a different story!

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@silver fox wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I have not watched for years the morning news talk show he was on regularly but I did wonder if they are even covering this story, and how much time devoted to it in comparison to other allegations for others who have been accused.  I must admit I was a bit shocked when I saw he had been accused for this he always struck me as straight up by the book and go straight home from work type of man.  I guess you never know what anyone is doing.

Yes they are covering it

Thanks for letting me know @Silver Fox1since I do not watch any on either side of the street so to speak anymore.  I just read the print copy the other just makes me get mad.  I refuse to start my day off with any of them anymore.  As for the posts about the "boys" ect..  it just may come out there were Women who abused their own positions as well, not just the boys.

@beckyb1012

I was listening to a radio talk guy about an hour ago when I was driving and he said that the channel wasn't covering it and I actually watch the channel and know that they were indded covering it.   I wanted to call in and tell him to stop telling lies (I've heard this guy do the same many times).

Also, I would be really, truly surprised if we hear that women will be found to have groped, verbally and physically assaulted and sexually violated men in the kind of numbers, or anywhere close to, those we see with men. Do you have a reason to think they do?

It always amazes me how easy some can lie and the facts can be checked so easily by just changing a channel.   This guy you heard sounds like the poster boy for causing "fake news". 

Probably will not be many women if any at all accused of being inappropriate with a man.  But I am sure there have been times it was done just not on a massive scale like what we have seen with the men.  But if women can feel comfortable making plays for their students I am sure a woman in a business situation might not have a problem with it either.   Thanks for the update @QueenDanceALot

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

This thread was closed for commenting because it turned political not because of the topic of harrassement.