Honored Contributor

Journalist Mark Halperin Has Been Asked To Step Away from TV Appearances

This comes in the wake of allegations from five women with whom he worked of forced touching incidents, among others.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Journalist Mark Halperin Has Been Asked To Step Away from TV Appearances

I should no longer be shocked by all of these revelations but in addition to the one noted here, I just read that a big mucketymuck in the art world just resigned because nine women came forward to accuse him of abuse. What is WRONG with these powerful men? I’ve known dogs with more self control. Sheesh! How disgusting these powerful men have been! It’s about time women fight back.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I have not watched for years the morning news talk show he was on regularly but I did wonder if they are even covering this story, and how much time devoted to it in comparison to other allegations for others who have been accused.  I must admit I was a bit shocked when I saw he had been accused for this he always struck me as straight up by the book and go straight home from work type of man.  I guess you never know what anyone is doing.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

Didn't we just know Wienstien was only the tip of the iceberg?

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

Most of us have experienced this at some point in our lives so I think that there is still much more to come.

Honored Contributor

It's time to end this " boys will be boys " nonsense, no more excuses. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Also John Besh the famous New Orleans chef. Resigned as head of his restaurant conglomerate.

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I should no longer be shocked by all of these revelations but in addition to the one noted here, I just read that a big mucketymuck in the art world just resigned because nine women came forward to accuse him of abuse. What is WRONG with these powerful men? I’ve known dogs with more self control. Sheesh! How disgusting these powerful men have been! It’s about time women fight back.

@Vivian Not just powerful men.  Those are the ones we hear about.  Men unknown to the wider world with less money any power have done the same.

Keepin' it real.