Respected Contributor

Re: Journalist Mark Halperin Has Been Asked To Step Away from TV Appearances

Men will keep doing this until women speak up...

Respected Contributor

wasn't wild about the ogling of the chest of Katy Perry by major daytime talk host with icky comments.  women seem to have believed that only the men have the power - because they have not empowered themselves for one reason or another. maybe we are seeing it begin to happen.  i have not seen any major input by major "woman's" groups - strange they wouldn't have been the receivers of such information in order to call it out over the years when this could have been fought with one voice.

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

Men will keep doing this until women speak up...

There are women speaking up who live with it and have allowed it to go on with their own spouses.  That's where you have to wonder how do they talk about it and then live with it?  Talking isn't going to change anything. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex

You're absolutely right.  Been there, experienced that.  I wasn't  real nice whenever it happened, but wish I'd been even more outspoken and  hostile when it did occur.  I had one instance where I could have REALLY humiliated one of those jerks in front of some very important coworkers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ms traditional wrote:

wasn't wild about the ogling of the chest of Katy Perry by major daytime talk host with icky comments.  women seem to have believed that only the men have the power - because they have not empowered themselves for one reason or another. maybe we are seeing it begin to happen.  i have not seen any major input by major "woman's" groups - strange they wouldn't have been the receivers of such information in order to call it out over the years when this could have been fought with one voice.

In the few personal cases I have been aware of, when it was reported jobs were lost. They were the brave ones and still lost their jobs. These are two of my friends.

Just read this morning there were complaints to HR in the John Besh case and complaints were ignored.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

In the few personal cases I have been aware of, when it was reported jobs were lost. They were the brave ones and still lost their jobs. These are two of my friends.

Just read this morning there were complaints to HR in the John Besh case and complaints were ignored.

@proudlyfromNJ  believe me i understand the downside because i lived it.  i wonder why info wasn't funneled through 3rd parties - like women's groups, to the end of speaking as one voice. we all knew what was going on - and i think things could have been remedied sooner not by being "sacrificial lambs" but by exerting power as a group.  they were the obvious vehicle as information collectors without worry of job loss,. they had a giant megaphone, etc. what happened?.

QVC Customer Care
Esteemed Contributor

The fact that women are speaking up right now is one of the only--maybe "the" only--positive developments in 2017. It's about time.....I'm in the corporate world. People are delusional if they think it's not a massive, current problem....

QVC Customer Care