Esteemed Contributor

I just opened a tin of Josie's Argan Balm.  I know it's a couple of years old-but unopened.  It's very gritty and sticky!  Anyone else experience this?  Just opened it tonight, so I haven't called her CS....

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

I just opened a tin of Josie's Argan Balm.  I know it's a couple of years old-but unopened.  It's very gritty and sticky!  Anyone else experience this?  Just opened it tonight, so I haven't called her CS....

@nana59,  hello.... Just one question...Have you had one in use before?

I have one I've been using for over 9+ months; there is a slight grainY substance to the product, also, and some body to mine vs a cream... but I wouldn't say it's gritty. I have another one- unopened that is definitely 2 years old that I purchased with a kit. Definitely not my favorite Maran moisturizer, though. I use so little on the back of my arms, I have not felt any sticky feeling. 

Question: did you buy separately or did it come with a kit, also do you keep in a very cool place? I do. * An off room where the a\c is possibly 68-70. Again, I mentioned that I have not opened the second tin of Maran's balm- yet.

NAES

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I used this for years but stopped purchasing when it started coming out with that grainy texture. I contacted the company and they said that it's fine but I didn't like the change of consistency. As long as it doesn't smell rancid, it should be fine (had that happen too).

Esteemed Contributor

The balm should be thick but it absorbs very quickly. If it is sticky and gritty then it's turned. I would throw it out.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

The balm should be thick but it absorbs very quickly. If it is sticky and gritty then it's turned. I would throw it out.  

Yup--I threw it out.  I'm liking the First-Aid products better.

Esteemed Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

I used this for years but stopped purchasing when it started coming out with that grainy texture. I contacted the company and they said that it's fine but I didn't like the change of consistency. As long as it doesn't smell rancid, it should be fine (had that happen too).

Thanks...it did have a funky smell....I threw it out....mentioned to another poster that I'm liking First-Aid products better.....

Esteemed Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@nana59,  hello.... Just one question...Have you had one in use before?

I have one I've been using for over 9+ months; there is a slight grainY substance to the product, also, and some body to mine vs a cream... but I wouldn't say it's gritty. I have another one- unopened that is definitely 2 years old that I purchased with a kit. Definitely not my favorite Maran moisturizer, though. I use so little on the back of my arms, I have not felt any sticky feeling. 

Question: did you buy separately or did it come with a kit, also do you keep in a very cool place? I do. * An off room where the a\c is possibly 68-70. Again, I mentioned that I have not opened the second tin of Maran's balm- yet.

NAES

Came with a kit and kept in a cool dark closet in an air-conditioned room.  Think I'll switch to First-Aid products.  I have a few that I'm very happy with....thanks...

Honored Contributor

From the Josie Maran Web site:

The general shelf life of our products is 12 to 18 months.  We’re a naturally based beauty brand and we encourage our customers to use the products promptly once received.  We have a very busy production schedule that allows us to maintain a steady supply of the freshest products. Stockpiling is not recommended.

Honored Contributor

Just rub it between your fingers until it melts. There is nothing wrong with it, 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval