Honored Contributor

Re: Josh Duggar had a paid Ashley Madison account

@stazgirl wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@stazgirl wrote:

@ivey wrote:

When people exhibit sexual deviancy--it is who they are at the core without some serious help.  When he molested his sisters, that was a serious problem.   It wasn't addressed at the level it needed to be.  And look where it led.  This guy is seriously weird, and I just bet we hear about him again. 

His poor wife.  She's young and has a houseful.

She KNEW about the molestation when she married him. That is approval in my book, he was 14-15, molesting young girls is not normal teen age boy behavior..his daughters are in danger and the state should remove them from the home if she does not leave..JMO..see to much of it at my job, and the excuses they give....😠

I am not sure it is approval as much as it is tolerance. Either way is not okay in my book.

To me, tolerance is a firm of approval. What is she teaching her daughter? That she should TOLERATE it when daddy touches her? And her son's? That girls and future daughters should TOLERATE it when they touch them.....NO, she needs to open her eyes and PROTECT her children.

Amen to that. And that is why the excuse that she has no skills and won't be able to care for all her children isn't acceptable. She needs to learn skills, go to school, whatever it takes to care for those kids and keep them safe and not put them in situations where they could be harmed. There are many single women who do this and so can she if it matters to her. I have much respect for women that rise above and better themselves for the sake of their kids and their future.

Valued Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@stazgirl wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@stazgirl wrote:

@ivey wrote:

When people exhibit sexual deviancy--it is who they are at the core without some serious help.  When he molested his sisters, that was a serious problem.   It wasn't addressed at the level it needed to be.  And look where it led.  This guy is seriously weird, and I just bet we hear about him again. 

His poor wife.  She's young and has a houseful.

She KNEW about the molestation when she married him. That is approval in my book, he was 14-15, molesting young girls is not normal teen age boy behavior..his daughters are in danger and the state should remove them from the home if she does not leave..JMO..see to much of it at my job, and the excuses they give....😠

I am not sure it is approval as much as it is tolerance. Either way is not okay in my book.

To me, tolerance is a firm of approval. What is she teaching her daughter? That she should TOLERATE it when daddy touches her? And her son's? That girls and future daughters should TOLERATE it when they touch them.....NO, she needs to open her eyes and PROTECT her children.

Amen to that. And that is why the excuse that she has no skills and won't be able to care for all her children isn't acceptable. She needs to learn skills, go to school, whatever it takes to care for those kids and keep them safe and not put them in situations where they could be harmed. There are many single women who do this and so can she if it matters to her. I have much respect for women that rise above and better themselves for the sake of their kids and their future.

ABSOLUTELY, if she chooses to stay, that'sounds on her, but the state needs to get involved and take the children to insure their safety.  It is out in the open about the molestation and how little was done...and now this?  Those children are innocent...

Super Contributor

Hi midnight.    Was confused with the statement posted.  According to the duggar family blog there isn't any mention of satan.  In its place reads, I was hiding my own personal failures.

did I miss something.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

This is sad and disgusting on so many levels.  So many people will be hurt by his hypocrisy.  His family, the viewing audience, Christianity, and God.  I believe he grieved them all. It makes me very angry. 

Of course, it also brings out all the usual Christian opposers who try to blame everything on Christianity.....some whom it seems more important to make religion the culprit.  I know non-religious people who have done similar low life things.  The blame lies with Josh, just as it would if he were a Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Unitarian, Atheist, etc.  There is a difference between being religious and being spiritual.  What makes it really bad is when he uses his "so called"  Christianity as a front.  People who don't like Christians just love to jump on these kind of things.  They seem more interested in using a situation like this to persecute a religion they hate.  Thankfully, here, it is only a  few that take someone like this guy to get their digs in on Christianity every single time.   

Wow, you're so anxious to blame the people you think don't like Christians ... it's in practically every sentence of your comment above!

The problem isn't just that Josh uses his religion "as a front" .... it's that he and his parents are so smugly self-righteous about their religion.     Well, that and the Dugger kids have been  raised in a very unnatural and very unhealthy environment.

Super Contributor

Correction its  failings not failures.

Valued Contributor

@DustRose wrote:

Hi midnight.    Was confused with the statement posted.  According to the duggar family blog there isn't any mention of satan.  In its place reads, I was hiding my own personal failures.

did I miss something.

YES, in the "first" draft released this mirning, he cited "influences of Satan" for his misdeeds....Satan has nothing to do with it....it is all him....The Duggar have since "revused" the statement

Super Contributor

Thank you stazgirl.   

Honored Contributor

@stazgirl wrote:

@DustRose wrote:

did I miss something.

YES, in the "first" draft released this mirning, he cited "influences of Satan" for his misdeeds....Satan has nothing to do with it....it is all him....The Duggar have since "revused" the statement

Thanks for the clarification .... I didn't know they believed in the existence of a "satan" ......    Nevertheless, using "the devil made me do it" is  just shifting the blame.   Typical.

Esteemed Contributor

Something does not seem right. Each time a new press release comes out things get worst.  This young family has some problems that need to be taken care of ASAP.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

Josh worth- $200,000

Jim Bob- 3.5 million

approx.

@missy1 wrote:

Josh worth- $200,000

Jim Bob- 3.5 million

approx.

wow, where did you read that?