Respected Contributor

Re: Joseph Goebbels' secretary, still alive at 105 - new documentary

@MickD wrote:

I think I will watch this.  My husband has.  Information and history is knowledge.  Many of my family were murdered in camps.  My dad and brother visited Auschwitz...not my thing.  My husband's great uncle fought in WW II for Germany.  I was so anxious and almost afraid to meet him in the early 90s.  I learned that he was a tailor and had his own business.  He employed Jewish people.  He hid his employees and their families.  He then fled with his wife and family to Venezuela.  He felt guilty and then went back to fight on the Russian front while his family was abroad.  Very complicated.  Why fight and risk your life for Jews? And then months later, go back and fight for that evil empire?....I am dumbfounded.....he was a wonderful man. Nothing is black and white.

So interesting, but I can't make sense of this.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know there are people that deny it happened, they must be crazy mean.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I know there are people that deny it happened, they must be crazy mean.

@goldensrbest

You know, that's such a good question... why?  Most of the time the deniers I've read about are truly ignorant people.  By that I mean without knowledge. 

But it turns out some aren't knuckle draggers, they are people you would swear would know better.  Who knows what goes on with them?  One has been in the news recently and, for sure, I can't figure it out, I can only guess at nefarious reasons.

Respected Contributor

Never forget, nor forgive, or deny what was done to people.