QVC Customer Care

Re: Joseph Goebbels' secretary, still alive at 105 - new documentary

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I got to say  why would a person be interested in what  a nazi , has to say?

IMO, parties and nationalities aside, the one good thing is that it verifies that the Holocaust really happened.  There are people in the world who believe it was made up and didn't really occur.  We must never forget.  The moment we forget is the moment we make room for it to happen again.  

Of course it happened, when i see pictures of the people ,and what they went through , it just beyond what one would think a human would do ,to another human. We have people in syria that are going through hell right now, and the world does nothing.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I got to say  why would a person be interested in what  a nazi , has to say?

IMO, parties and nationalities aside, the one good thing is that it verifies that the Holocaust really happened.  There are people in the world who believe it was made up and didn't really occur.  We must never forget.  The moment we forget is the moment we make room for it to happen again.  

Of course it happened, when i see pictures of the people ,and what they went through , it just beyond what one would think a human would do ,to another human. We have people in syria that are going through hell right now, and the world does nothing.

People lost family members we have a constant reminder. And genocide didn't end with WWII it is still happening around the world today.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not trying to argue with you @goldensrbest & @AngusandBuddhasMom.  It's because we can think rationally and have already been witness to numerous forms of documentation, experience, and family history for some, that we don't doubt the existence.  But even so, there are people out there who say it never happened, unbelievable as that is to comprehend for the majority of mankind.  I remember in particular, though, that just a few short years ago when Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was still the President of Iran, he said it was a lie and a myth.  Followers of his are still out there, who probably believe the same thing.  And that's only one example.  If someone can give a firsthand account of something, that adds to the veracity of its existence.  Not everyone has family history to pass down.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I'm not trying to argue with you @goldensrbest & @AngusandBuddhasMom.  It's because we can think rationally and have already been witness to numerous forms of documentation, experience, and family history for some, that we don't doubt the existence.  But even so, there are people out there who say it ever happened, unbelievable as that is to comprehend for the majority of mankind.  I remember in particular, though, that just a few short years ago when Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was still the President of Iran, he said it was a lie and a myth.  Followers of his are still out there, who probably believe the same thing.  And that's only one example.  If someone can give a firsthand account of something, that adds to the veracity of its existence.  Not everyone has family history to pass down.

Apologies JeanLouiseFinch I wasn't trying to come off argumentive I agree there are those who think it is not real. 

Honored Contributor

A pathological liar who is still alive at 105. She claims she didn't know? Yet she says she loved her job. Rubbish... When I read that link I was thinking to myself maybe there is a he11. Hopefully so for individuals like her.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I taught with a man whose grandfather was a holocaust survivor. He too lived a long life, though he is gone now. The teacher used to have his grandfather come to classes and speak about his experiences during the teacher's  unit on WWII. Anyone who survived it KNOWS it was real. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We must never allow leaders full of hatred, ignorance, and evil to rule again.

Teach your children to love and seek the goodness in all.

Knowledge is power.

Respected Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
One of my granddads served as part of the JAG team at Nuremburg. Reading his journals from that time is chilling.

She might not have swung but she and others still living most certainly don't sleep well and fear for their souls if they have one.

I think they sleep VERY well;  that's why they live so long.

Honored Contributor

There were so many without a conscience.  Many went beyond what was required of them by their assignment, torture for the sake of torture.

It's frightening to think there are so many people like that.