Respected Contributor

Re: Joseph Goebbels' secretary, still alive at 105 - new documentary

She's a liar.

Esteemed Contributor

Why is she still alive?  She should have been hung with the rest of the monsters.  It makes me sick when these old Nazis get to live such long lives after what they did.  She has innocent blood on her hands as much as any of them do 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Where is a Nuremburg trial part zwei when ya need one?  

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

How could she have NOT KNOWN! The German people knew what was going on and looked away. Hitler didn't just murder Jews, he murdered gays, gypsies, disables the very old, and I wont even mention what he did to toddlers {read Night}. She is a liar that's one thing correct.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

I got to say  why would a person be interested in what  a nazi , has to say?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest

The Nazis were a party, she may not have been a Nazi.  But she may have information, she was there at the end.

By the way, Goebbles had six children, young.  Five of them daughters.  He and his wife made them all take poison, and then they both did the same.

Esteemed Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

Why is she still alive?  She should have been hung with the rest of the monsters.  It makes me sick when these old Nazis get to live such long lives after what they did.  She has innocent blood on her hands as much as any of them do 

I know.

So many of them lived into their nineties!!! It's amazing.

Esteemed Contributor

One of my granddads served as part of the JAG team at Nuremburg. Reading his journals from that time is chilling.

She might not have swung but she and others still living most certainly don't sleep well and fear for their souls if they have one.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

IMO, parties and nationalities aside, the one good thing is that it verifies that the Holocaust really happened.  There are people in the world who believe it was made up and didn't really occur.  We must never forget.  The moment we forget is the moment we make room for it to happen again.  

Honored Contributor

I think I will watch this.  My husband has.  Information and history is knowledge.  Many of my family were murdered in camps.  My dad and brother visited Auschwitz...not my thing.  My husband's great uncle fought in WW II for Germany.  I was so anxious and almost afraid to meet him in the early 90s.  I learned that he was a tailor and had his own business.  He employed Jewish people.  He hid his employees and their families.  He then fled with his wife and family to Venezuela.  He felt guilty and then went back to fight on the Russian front while his family was abroad.  Very complicated.  Why fight and risk your life for Jews? And then months later, go back and fight for that evil empire?....I am dumbfounded.....he was a wonderful man. Nothing is black and white.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G