Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: 💉 Johnson & Johnson 💊

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma   I absolutely agree with you that some folks really need the meds & are responsible users. But doctors have literally been pushing these opioids on people who don’t really need them for years.

Several years ago DH had root canal done. The surgeon gave him a prescription for an opioid.DH said he didn’t want it & asked for a prescription for Tylenol.The doctor said it won’t help & refused to give it to him.I had to call his regular dentist to get the prescription!!

I had a mole removed from my scalp. The surgeon’s P.A. handed me a bottle of meds already filled in my name by the hospital pharmacy. I said no thanks.His response was “you already paid for it you may as well take it”. I left it there.I survived on Advil for a few days. I also called my insurance company & told them what happened.They were billed for it & refused to pay for it.

Oh come on, we all know you do NOT need a prescription for Tylenol. 

Honored Contributor

I took Cymbalta for depression for many years.  When it was time to wean myself off of it, I followed my doctor's directions.  I had no problem at all with quitting it.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

It's just my personal opinion but my experience - doctors and nurses need to be held accountable also.  My husband was recovering from surgery and asked for tylenol.  He actually had to fight with the nurse, she kept telling him the reason he was in pain was because he was refusing the dilaudid that had been ordered for him.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RetRN wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma   I absolutely agree with you that some folks really need the meds & are responsible users. But doctors have literally been pushing these opioids on people who don’t really need them for years.

Several years ago DH had root canal done. The surgeon gave him a prescription for an opioid.DH said he didn’t want it & asked for a prescription for Tylenol.The doctor said it won’t help & refused to give it to him.I had to call his regular dentist to get the prescription!!

I had a mole removed from my scalp. The surgeon’s P.A. handed me a bottle of meds already filled in my name by the hospital pharmacy. I said no thanks.His response was “you already paid for it you may as well take it”. I left it there.I survived on Advil for a few days. I also called my insurance company & told them what happened.They were billed for it & refused to pay for it.

Oh come on, we all know you do NOT need a prescrption for Tylenol. 

@RetRN   There is a prescription strength Tylenol that you absolutely need a prescription for!! We’ve gotten it more than once, several years ago.

Trusted Contributor

J&J is no different than the pusher on the corner, but on a grand scale, I was hoping they would fine them billions.

Their employees live very, very well with high salaries w/many perks. Almost everyone has to take one kind of medication or another during their lifetime, there should be reasonable prices. Our government has to do better, when ppl have to choose between food and meds, things have gone too far. Hope they fine the other drug companies and purchase drugs reliably from other countries if ppl in our country won't do the work at reasonable prices.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Easier to point the finger at one than all responsible for a drug situation.

What about the good some drugs do for people. What about easing the pain for the dying, and the suffering.

What would happen if companies would stop researching and finding cures for diseases.

There is a consequence for anything but if you do nothing you will not know the good or the bad.

Then hold all the lobbyist for pushing anything.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Oh come on, we all know you do NOT need a prescrption for Tylenol. 

@RetRN   There is a prescription strength Tylenol that you absolutely need a prescription for!! We’ve gotten it more than once, several years ago.

Yes, of course you need a prescription for Tylenol with Codeine. Good grief! Do you not know that Codeine is an opiate? That surgeon must  have had a good laugh when your DH refused the prescription for an opioid and then requested one. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Everything is about to change, again.  According to our PCP (yesterday visit) the restrictions will be so tight that patients will only be prescribed 7 days worth of pills after which time they will be shuttled off to pain management and even mental health counselors.  He's been tearing his hair out of his head trying to keep up with regulations.

Can you imagine telling a person suffering pain that he/she needs a psychiatrist???

This is getting out of control.  There is a newer pain med out (beings with D can't remember the name) that is  1000x stronger than morphine.

Companies who paid stiff fines and stopped manufacturing opioids are now making millions manufacturing Naloxone (sp) (Narcan).

Cartels now cut heroin with fentanyl and people are dying because they do not realize that they are using fentanyl.  Look up how much fentanly will take down an elephant.

This goes beyond prescriptions; and if a person is in paid, whether from illness, surgery, or withdrawal, the last person I will blame is the patient.

Even non-opioids are being restricted;  some manufacturers have stopped making meds such a muscle relaxants and the list will start to be even longer.

A squeeze on the consumer; and these companies are savvy enough to switch gears in order to keep the profits high.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Everything is about to change, again.  According to our PCP (yesterday visit) the restrictions will be so tight that patients will only be prescribed 7 days worth of pills after which time they will be shuttled off to pain management and every mental health counselors.  He's been tearing his hair out of his head trying to keep up with regulations.

Can you imagine telling a person suffering pain that he/she needs a psychiatrist???

This is getting out of control.  There is a newer pain med out (beings with D can't remember the name) that is  1000x stronger than morphine.

Companies who paid stiff fines and stopped manufacturing opioids are now making millions manufacturing Naloxone (sp) (Narcan).

Cartels now cut heroin with fentanyl and people are dying because they do not realize that they are using fentanyl.  Look up how much fentanly will take down an elephant.

This goes beyong prescriptions; and if a person is in paid, whether from illness, surgery, or withdrawal, the last person I will blame is the patient.

Even non-opioids are being restricted;  some manufacturers have stopped making meds such a muscle relaxants and the list will start to be even longer.

A squeeze on the consumer; and these companies are savvy enough to switch gears in order to keep the profts high.

@Cakers3 

Uh oh ... this will only make the black market for pain meds even larger and more profitable ....  and purchases unsupervised by the patient's doctor.  This will only make it worse!   Idiots.

Honored Contributor

Didn't anyone else see 60 Minutes this past Sunday?  Good show.

Scott Peley interviewed a Florida doctor who's in prison for LIFE for all the oxy he prescribed!!!