Trusted Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp's wife files for divorce. No pre-nup?

There's no fool like an old fool!

Trusted Contributor

I have a feeling Johnny doesn't feel very well tonight.  Maybe Vanessa will console him a little bit.  (not...)

Respected Contributor

Nothing but a gold digger would file for divorce two days after her husbands mother dies. Love Johnny Depp and still think he is handsome and a gifted actor.  But, I can't help but think that Vanessa is singing the told you so dance right about now.

Honored Contributor

I think he is a wonderful actor and very handsome.  But sexy, no not in the least.  Nice to look at but does nothing for me in making my heart go pitter patter.  Sorry to hear about so many losses this week for him, especially his Mom.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I find it strange that he "partnered" with Vanessa for 14 years,  but married (15 months)  Amber  with no prenup. 

Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

Marrried for 15 months. She left her girlfriend for him; he ditched his wife of 15 years for her.

Who gets married these days without a pre-nup?

Johnny-Depp-L-and-actress-Amber-Heard.jpg

Wait .....   Amber left her girlfriend for him?   Well, that sounds like the marriage had problems from the get go.

As for Johnny leaving Vanessa, we have no idea the state of that relationship when he met Amber.   It could have been over for ages and they just got comfortable and indifferent.  

Unless I am mistaken and someone here actually knows Depp quite well ... some are talking like they know the real story .... it's all just speculation.  

Trusted Contributor

Well, clearly he's an absolute idiot if he didn't insist on a pre-nup.

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

Marrried for 15 months. She left her girlfriend for him; he ditched his wife of 15 years for her.

Who gets married these days without a pre-nup?

Johnny-Depp-L-and-actress-Amber-Heard.jpg

Wait .....   Amber left her girlfriend for him?   Well, that sounds like the marriage had problems from the get go.

As for Johnny leaving Vanessa, we have no idea the state of that relationship when he met Amber.   It could have been over for ages and they just got comfortable and indifferent.  

Unless I am mistaken and someone here actually knows Depp quite well ... some are talking like they know the real story .... it's all just speculation.  

Correct, Amber has admitted to be bi-sexual and was in a relationship with a female photographer, Tasya Van Ree.  Google has all the information and photos.

Johnny and Vanessa's relationship was strained by the time Amber came into the picture.  Amber fought hard to win the part in the Rum Diary.  It was one of her strategies to get closer to Depp and played up to his vulnerability at the time.

Typical, "you can cry on my shoulder" tactic.

Vanessa is a class act and handled the separation with dignity, although it was difficult.

Johnny has said in interviews that they still love one another and that they will always be there for their children. 

I only know Johnny to be warm, kind and geneous from my own personal experience with him.  That's all I will say about that.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Honored Contributor

@12andcounting wrote:

@12andcounting

It depends, in part, on WHERE the marriage took place .... in a Community property state or not .... or outside the United States.

At best, she'll only get half of what he earned during those 15 months.  

For all we know, she comes from a moneyed family, so Johnny felt it was unnecessary.   Hey, Amber's lawyer can ask for anything they want, but it doesn't mean she will get it.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@12andcounting wrote:

@12andcounting

It depends, in part, on WHERE the marriage took place .... in a Community property state or not .... or outside the United States.

At best, she'll only get half of what he earned during those 15 months.  

For all we know, she comes from a moneyed family, so Johnny felt it was unnecessary.   Hey, Amber's lawyer can ask for anything they want, but it doesn't mean she will get it.

Celebrity worth site said Amber is worth about about 9 million. (on her own)