Esteemed Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp divorce Pt2: Domestic Abuse, Restraining Order

There is supposedly a video of Johnny getting abusive. I say if there is one, release it so all the chatter of did he or didn't he abuse her can be put to rest. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

$$$ and a career boost?y

Respected Contributor

What I find interesting is the photo in the article..........and the fact that someone would keep a log of the aledged abuse.........I would think I would have left after the FIRST and not hung around to document future abuse.

back to the picture...........IF you are hit with a fist or open hand, how exactly do you get a perfectly straight line on the mark it leaves on your face...........can't see a hand  doing that...........a door, yeah, especially if it was self inflicted....................................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

There is supposedly a video of Johnny getting abusive. I say if there is one, release it so all the chatter of did he or didn't he abuse her can be put to rest. 

So well said and I couldn't agree more @Irshgrl31201.  This is the problem with social media.  If it's true, put it out there and if not . . . then maybe you need to rethink your strategy.  If you have something to say then say it but be prepared to back it up.

I personally have a problem with the initial pictures that were posted versus those when she showed up at court.  For me, the injuries did not exactly synch up as the original pictures and did not match those that she displayed when she appeared in court.  

Sigh . . . I don't see this going anywhere pretty . . . what a shame. 

Respected Contributor

I thought women were supposed to be supportive of one another.  She is doing the right thing seeking divorce and getting a restraining order.  So many condemn a woman that stay in an abusive relationship!  

Gee I wonder how ol' BC is doing these days!!  Those poor women were vilified and called liars too.  

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

I thought women were supposed to be supportive of one another.  She is doing the right thing seeking divorce and getting a restraining order.  So many condemn a woman that stay in an abusive relationship!  

Gee I wonder how ol' BC is doing these days!!  Those poor women were vilified and called liars too.  

Regardless of gender, I detest liars.  Her timing is suspicious, sorry.........

Esteemed Contributor

Not being supportive of women is hardly the point here. We don't know the the truth.

One question is ~ With Johnny being such an out of control abuser it's a wonder all the other women he abused in his past have not come to Amber's side. Is there one?  Maybe the production company for the movie he's in the process of making? Surely an alcoholic drug addict would have difficulty making it to the set.

Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@truffle wrote:

Regardless of gender, I detest liars.  Her timing is suspicious, sorry.........

That's exactly what they said about BC's women....questioned their timing.  

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Not being supportive of women is hardly the point here. We don't know the the truth.

One question is ~ With Johnny being such an out of control abuser it's a wonder all the other women he abused in his past have not come to Amber's side. Is there one?  Maybe the production company for the movie he's in the process of making? Surely an alcoholic drug addict would have difficulty making it to the set.

You all haven't learned anything about abuse and the emotional toll it takes on a woman. You'd think some of you would have learned a thing or two by now of the consequences of physical and emotional abuse.  

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

That's exactly what they said about BC's women....questioned their timing.  

Who is 'they' and what does BC have to do with this topic?  If you really need to go there, clearly theire was a pattern present, with Mr Depp there isn't as far as I can tell.......