Super Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp as Whitey Bulger

On 6/13/2014 Topaz Gem said:
On 6/13/2014 Emma bunting said:

Oh....and as fah as the Boston Accent goes......even when I hear Matt Damon or Ben Affleck use it in a film.........I STILL think it doesn't sound authentic! lol

You took the words right out of my mouth, LOL. I feel the exact same way. Even though they once spoke the real thing, they have worked hard to overcome the accent for professional reasons, and now it's difficult for them to get back to it. I didn't think it sounded authentic either.

Don't forget though.....weren't they brought up in Cambridge??? Not much of an accent there.....not like Southie or Charlestown anyway.

Respected Contributor

On 6/13/2014 Topaz Gem said:

Oh....and as fah as the Boston Accent goes......even when I hear Matt Damon or Ben Affleck use it in a film.........I STILL think it doesn't sound authentic! lol

You took the words right out of my mouth, LOL. I feel the exact same way. Even though they once spoke the real thing, they have worked hard to overcome the accent for professional reasons, and now it's difficult for them to get back to it. I didn't think it sounded authentic either.

Don't forget though.....weren't they brought up in Cambridge??? Not much of an accent there.....not like Southie or Charlestown anyway.

Yes, I believe they are from Cambridge. They need to spend a few months in Southie to brush up on the real Boston accent. Wink

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

IF you want the real Boston accent, hire a Wahlberg. Real Dot Rats.

Super Contributor

On 6/14/2014 Linders Back said:

IF you want the real Boston accent, hire a Wahlberg. Real Dot Rats.

Have you watched their show? Alma (the mother) has a perfect authentic Boston accent.

Frequent Contributor

On 6/14/2014 Emma bunting said:
On 6/14/2014 Linders Back said:

IF you want the real Boston accent, hire a Wahlberg. Re al Dot Rats.

Have you watched their show? Alma (the mother) has a perfect authentic Boston accent.

I agree, but I really wish Johnny would consult me personally on this.