Honored Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp Looks Very ILL

Part for a movie.

Relax everyone.

It took me 2 seconds to find this...why jump to the negative?

0D0E7350-1792-43EC-AA04-830F083868AC.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom - you beat me to it - I was just about to post about his starring in a new movie.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

Prince w/o makeup on & off the road?????faint.gif

When JD is on the road w/his band, he has a different look.

I remember when Jada Pickett was touring w/her band, she had a different look as well as wardrobe.  Pretty unrecognizable.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@sidsmom - you beat me to it - I was just about to post about his starring in a new movie.

The movie looks like a rear-jerker!

I was getting misty-eyed just reading the plot on Wiki!!!

😢

30273C29-9242-4C39-9602-459E188BFA64.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Part for a movie.

Relax everyone.

It took me 2 seconds to find this...why jump to the negative?

0D0E7350-1792-43EC-AA04-830F083868AC.jpeg

@sidsmom

Here's a pic of Johnny filming that movie,'Richard Says Goodbye', he sure doesn't look like the recent pics to me.

https://variety.com/2017/film/news/johnny-depp-richard-says-goodbye-first-look-photo-complete-cast-1...

Nor does he look like that in any upcoming movies that are unreleased or that he's working on, JMO:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1665549/upcoming-johnny-depp-movies-the-full-list-of-his-projects

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

do you think he is filming a movie or about to film a movie where he needed to lose a lot of weight?

i dont think i would have recognized him if i had not read that it was him.

(updated to add that i just read @sidsmom and @KingstonsMom posts that noted he IS in a movie,)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

See my post right above yours. That pic is of him filming that movie @sidsmom referred to and I included another link showing him working on upcoming movies he's working on.

He doesn't look like that in any of those roles, IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@sunshine45

See my post right above yours. That pic is of him filming that movie @sidsmom referred to and I included another link showing him working on upcoming movies he's working on.

He doesn't look like that in any of those roles, IMO.

Of course he doesn’t look the same in all roles.

Movies can be fully made and ‘sit in the can’ for awhile before releasing.  Also, he probably filmed his ‘normal weight’ parts in other movies before he got too thin.  He’s a secondary actor in those other films, whereas the Richard movie, he’s the main character.   

Dieting to below normal weight, as well as dieting ABOVE normal weight,

is not uncommon for an actor/actress.

Also...in the links above, they were dated July 2017...almost a YEAR ago.

I truly believe it’s just for a part...maybe an Academy awarding winning part at that.  And...if he’s publically photographed being really thin, it’s free marketing for the movie...gets the ‘buzz’ going.

Pro Tip:  Think like an actor and/or Agent.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think he looks bad.  He's 54, so he's not exactly the young guy we've been so used to seeing in his most popular movies.  Also, he has always had very prominent bone structure, so when you reach a certain point and you start to lose volume in your face, that bone structure is going to appear more prominent.  Also, I'm pretty sure he's an alcoholic.  His ex filmed him in a drunken rage and said it was a regular thing.  He has a lot going against his looks.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It could be for a role.  Remember what Tom Hanks looked like when preparing for the role where his character died of Aids?  The movie may have been Philadelphia.  Anyway, Depp could be doing the same thing.

Hope he's okay.

Edit to add:  Just read Sidsmom's reply and his emaciated appearance is indeed for a role.  Whew!

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James