Honored Contributor

Re: John Walsh Does It Again

Thank goodness for people like John Walsh and Polly's dad. They are heroes.

Valued Contributor

On 7/29/2014 circles said:

for that very reason....it was stressful...and things like this break up marriages...the blame game...I know my ex would have left me...or I would spend the rest of my days in h*ll from his "why did you leave him alone accusations"....he made h*ll for me anyway...it would have been worse....I am happy that didn't happen to them...that's all...

circles, In 2002, John Walsh's wife filed for divorce.

Honored Contributor

John Walsh is one of my favorite "celebrities", if that's the right word. I have so much respect and admiration for him. He's taken his own personal tragedy and used it as a catalyst to do something great with his life, to honor Adam. I don't know that it will ever happen, but meeting him is on my bucket list.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/29/2014 Dell said:
On 7/29/2014 circles said:

for that very reason....it was stressful...and things like this break up marriages...the blame game...I know my ex would have left me...or I would spend the rest of my days in h*ll from his "why did you leave him alone accusations"....he made h*ll for me anyway...it would have been worse....I am happy that didn't happen to them...that's all...

circles, In 2002, John Walsh's wife filed for divorce.

They reconciled. A death of a child takes a terrible toll on the marriage, can only imagine how much worse it is when the child is murdered.

Valued Contributor

On 7/29/2014 colliegirls said:

They reconciled. A death of a child takes a terrible toll on the marriage, can only imagine how much worse it is when the child is murdered.

Good to know colliegirls. I am glad to hear they reconciled. They both have been through so much. I can't imagine the grief and wondering for years what happened, who did this terrible thing, and why.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/29/2014 RetRN said:

Thank goodness for people like John Walsh and Polly's dad. They are heroes.

Agree!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

I followed that story on CNN. The abuser was a trusted family friend whom the family had trusted to look after their child.

Ironically, there is a thread here (I think it was VP) about a mother who was arrested for allowing her 7 year old son to walk to a park about a quarter mile from his house. There were several posts criticizing our society for being paranoid. There was also a post that warned that some abusers were people that the child already knew and possibly trusted.