Valued Contributor

Re: John Travolta Celebrates His Birthday

As the clock struck midnight, the 24-year-old princess felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around and standing before her was heartthrob movie star John Travolta, 31, famously known for his roles as greaser Danny Zuko in Grease and Tony Manero in the 1977 disco film, Saturday Night Fever.

Esteemed Contributor

@masque  yep, that is the evening!

Travolta became her Prince for that night. 🥰

Valued Contributor

?????

And, this is relevant because.....??

He is a weird guy!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't how this thread got sidetracked into one talking about heaven and Travolta's soul. Yeesh.

As for Travolta, that account, if true, is sad. Somehow, even though they share the Scientology thing, I can't imagine Tom Cruise doing that; he seems to really like his fans.

I still like [most of] Travolta's movies, and he usually seems pleasant enough. I wouldn't want to point to this incident as being indicative of his character. Over the years, I've read and seen other accounts of his generosity. And we know for a fact that he likes his "leading ladies" lol. I remember years ago when he even sent a huge floral arrangement to Karen Lynn Gorney (his SNF co-star) for her first day of a short-term return to All My Children. I like to hope that's more reflective of his personality.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

I'm the OP and didn't think this thread would take the turn it did. I will say everyone can have an off day, maybe your running late, had a fight with your significant other, etc and may not be in the best of moods. Celebrities are just human, you may have caught them in an off moment it is hard to constantly be "on". I consider myself a nice person, having had a tooth extraction yesterday, I am in a bad mood and would bite your head off if you bothered me!

Honored Contributor

I'd hate to be judged by one off moment but I'm sure I have been and I've done the same to others. That said, I'm really enjoying hearing about your experiences. 

When I visited LA in 2003, I was standing in line at a coffee shop and turned around and Keanu Reeves was standing behind me. I turned around real quick and then turned back to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me and he said "Hi." I just said hi and went about my business because I didn't want to intrude or make a scene. 

I hung out with Duran Duran back stage, mostly John Taylor. I saw him again 25 years later and he remembered me.

I was at a party with Ted McGinley shortly after Happy Days and we kissed.  

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse I remember your Ted McGinley story. But Keanu, I am very envious and I would like to kiss him😁He's said to be the sweetest guy

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I guess they all can't be Jimmy Stewarts, Woman Mad

Hi, @Judaline 

As a teen, I remember watching Johnny Carson one night while doing homework, & Jimmy Stewart was a guest. (Those were the days!)

Anyway, Jimmy was talking about food, how it didn't interest him in the slightest, and found the whole act of sitting down to eat just a waste of time.

He said that he'd prefer to take a daily pill & be done with it.

I recall feeling dismayed, & immediately felt really sorry for his wife.

Food has always been a very big deal for me! Smiley Very Happy

Muddling through...
Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I guess they all can't be Jimmy Stewarts, Woman Mad

And what do any of us really know about Jimmy Stewart beyond the roles he played?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@GenXmuse I remember your Ted McGinley story. But Keanu, I am very envious and I would like to kiss him😁He's said to be the sweetest guy

Yeah, really! I'd trade Ted for Keanu any day!