Honored Contributor

Re: John Travolta Celebrates His Birthday

@LyndaGee   I am sure is mostly a nice person most of the time, but when he is annoyed and doesn't get his way, he is arrogant and entitled.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@SharkE   They were not filming at the cemetery.  They just parked their vehicles and equipment blocking the entrance to it.

Sounds like street bullies, then. Showing their a*sess

Honored Contributor

Did the police make them move out of the way?

The funeral director should have been in contact with those responsible for setting up locations to arrange the day and time, did he prearrange or just show up?

Honored Contributor

I guess they all can't be Jimmy Stewarts, Woman Mad

Respected Contributor

Television and television shopping seems a strange choice for people who hate celebrities, for people who look down on actors.

Respected Contributor

I like to take any "celebrity" story about negativity with a grain of salt.

Usually the one conveying the event has gotten it 3rd, 4th, 5th hand, etc.

Often times there is an agenda.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

Did the police make them move out of the way?

The funeral director should have been in contact with those responsible for setting up locations to arrange the day and time, did he prearrange or just show up?

yes, the police made them move.  They were parked in the middle of a public street and blocking a private driveway.  They had no permits or permission  to do that and it isn't legal. The street was not a main highway.

The funeral director who is my BIL showed up as he always does. The cemetery was expecting him and he made arrangements with them, the grave was open, the canopy was up and chairs were placed.

I mentioned this whole horrible encounter on these forums right after it happened....late 90's I am guessing. 

Respected Contributor

We have an airshow close to where I live. John and Olivia flew here in his airplane to attend. I worked for the restaurant that catered a VIP tent. She was kind of quiet an shy. But John could not have been any sweeter or kinder. He really enjoyed himself and was very approachable. You can tell a lot about how folks treat the people that serve them. He was happy to sign autographs when asked and left a great impression with all of us working there. Same couldn't be said about Nick Nolte and Debra Winger who made a movie here that we catered. Really rude and demanding.
Esteemed Contributor

Well, getting back to Travolta.....

There is an iconic evening when he danced with Princess Di at the WH.

How I would love to be tapped on the shoulder and be asked if he could have this dance?! 😉

Valued Contributor

1619095374157_tdy_pop_8a_daly_travolta_diana_210422_1920x1080.jpg