Honored Contributor

wrote:

He was nice looking when young but now he's long in the tooth.  Who's he trying to kid. A lot of older guys marry a younger woman.  Don't know what she sees in him but whatever it is she's too good for him.  

@puttypiesmom

Long in the tooth is a real thing, and 54 is not long in the tooth.  70, maybe.  I don't know for sure, I haven't looked at the teeth of that many 70 year olds.

Honored Contributor

Image result for blackie, general hospitalGeneral Hospital years

Image result for blackie, general hospitalNow, still looks great to me.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Ho hum. Another has been gets married.

I don't understand comments like that.  Stamos, the "has been" is an active producer, actor and musician, worth $40 million.  Some "has been."

He and Don Rickles became best friends, I saw them on a late night show and Stamos was so kind to him, taking care of him like a father. 

I wouldn't call myself his fan, but he seems like a nice guy.

@Noel7- I saw that on tv as well. It was Howard Stern's show, and Don Rickles came out with John Stamos, who as you said, treated him like his father.

Howard Stern is far from my favorite person BUT he stood at the microphone through the entire show in respect for Mr. Rickles. It was a terribly touching interview, as well as hysterically funny. It's on youtube if anyone is interested in watching.

And yeah, John Stamos is a "hunka burnin' love!!!"

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Ho hum. Another has been gets married.

I don't understand comments like that.  Stamos, the "has been" is an active producer, actor and musician, worth $40 million.  Some "has been."

He and Don Rickles became best friends, I saw them on a late night show and Stamos was so kind to him, taking care of him like a father. 

I wouldn't call myself his fan, but he seems like a nice guy.

@Noel7- I saw that on tv as well. It was Howard Stern's show, and Don Rickles came out with John Stamos, who as you said, treated him like his father.

Howard Stern is far from my favorite person BUT he stood at the microphone through the entire show in respect for Mr. Rickles. It was a terribly touching interview, as well as hysterically funny. It's on youtube if anyone is interested in watching.

And yeah, John Stamos is a "hunka burnin' love!!!"

Hi @sunala

IMO, anyone who takes care of an elder person like Stamos did is pretty special.  Stamos kept an eye on him all the time in case he needed something and Rickles said Stamos had become like a son to him.

Honored Contributor

I wish the couple happiness and hope that he will stay sober as he had a problem with drinking alcohol.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

He's so cute💕

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I thought he was cute when he was on Full House and I still think he's very cute.  Not sure how anyone would know his wife is too good for him?   

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

And speaking of Full House... what's with all the reruns... They're everywhere and as far as I'm concerned the show was never particuarly worthwhile...

The new Fuller House has sparked the reruns of the older shows. Fuller House is on Netflix and I guess getting a pretty good following. It has sparked a reinterest in the first version.

I know people with kids like the old show, as it does have some more simple family values type programming, not all the in your face social commentary and adult themes many of the shows today geared at kids and tweens are providing. 

I'm happy for the entire cast, getting the chance to bring back roles, have work and be celebrated for their work that some people really enjoy. 

Before anyone has a fit, I don't care about the social commentary and adult themed story lines in TV created for adult audiences, but I do have a problem with it when it is marketed to, made for and directed at young kids. I think the popularity of Full House and the newer Fuller House is it's simplicity and focus on the family. 

But @stevieb I can say I was never a huge fan either, although I have seen all episodes at some time or another. I do like a number of the cast members though. And they seem to have had a real lasting relationship between the old show and the new one. I've seen a lot of interviews with them over the years, and they did stay close in their personal lives (most of them, except the Olsen twins).

@Mominohio, probably no surprise, but I think that pre-teens and up can enjoy both fluffy sitcoms and those that speak to modern day issues of which, unless they live in a bubble, they are quite cognizant.

I thank many producers for putting these issues out there for people to think about. Going all the way back to Archie Bunker and up to today. I think that they stimulate thought and discussion and, just maybe, an opening of the mind.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

And speaking of Full House... what's with all the reruns... They're everywhere and as far as I'm concerned the show was never particuarly worthwhile...

The new Fuller House has sparked the reruns of the older shows. Fuller House is on Netflix and I guess getting a pretty good following. It has sparked a reinterest in the first version.

I know people with kids like the old show, as it does have some more simple family values type programming, not all the in your face social commentary and adult themes many of the shows today geared at kids and tweens are providing. 

I'm happy for the entire cast, getting the chance to bring back roles, have work and be celebrated for their work that some people really enjoy. 

Before anyone has a fit, I don't care about the social commentary and adult themed story lines in TV created for adult audiences, but I do have a problem with it when it is marketed to, made for and directed at young kids. I think the popularity of Full House and the newer Fuller House is it's simplicity and focus on the family. 

But @stevieb I can say I was never a huge fan either, although I have seen all episodes at some time or another. I do like a number of the cast members though. And they seem to have had a real lasting relationship between the old show and the new one. I've seen a lot of interviews with them over the years, and they did stay close in their personal lives (most of them, except the Olsen twins).

@Mominohio, probably no surprise, but I think that pre-teens and up can enjoy both fluffy sitcoms and those that speak to modern day issues of which, unless they live in a bubble, they are quite cognizant.

I thank many producers for putting these issues out there for people to think about. Going all the way back to Archie Bunker and up to today. I think that they stimulate thought and discussion and, just maybe, an opening of the mind.

Many of these shows appear to be geared to teens, when in fact, they get a following of pre teens, and the content is really not for kids that age, but they are shown on the 'kid' channels. Topics like suicide, sexual orientation, teen sex and parenting, addiction etc. are not for daily consumption of the pre teen child, in my opinion. I always appreciated sitcoms for kids to be about age appropriate issues and problems, and leaving the more serious things to the parents to introduce, explain, and cope with should individual circumstances have the need. 

Honored Contributor

Unless a parent keeps a pre-teen or teen restricted to the house and home schools them there, kids are going to be exposed to various modern day issues. 

It's better they learn to think for themselves rather than only hearing a one-sided opinion for much of their lives.  There's nothing wrong with parents teaching them their family values, probably most of us do, but we shouldn't be afraid they will at some point come across other information and have their own opinions.