Esteemed Contributor

Re: John McCain

[ Edited ]

John McCain has always been a very strong human being.  The five years he spent as a prisoner of war in Vietnam had to be horrendous, I'm sure he suffered during that time.  It is so sad that the end of his life has to be one of suffering, however, he will stand strong as always and go down being respected by those who love him.  He served his country well.  God be with you John McCain.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

To post well wishes:

https://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/well%20wishes

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic

Respected Contributor

A true Patriot. A true Warrior, in every sense. He is truly a Hero in every aspect of his life. There aren't too many politicians like John McCain that can say that they lived their life with honesty with dignity. My prayers of peace and love are with hm and his family.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

Prayers sent to John.  Heaven is about to let in a new angel.  An inspiration to many. 

Respected Contributor

John was a hero in the past and I believe if he was able, he would be the hero we need now- 

Sending prayers and love. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic and disruptive

Honored Contributor

Re: John McCain

[ Edited ]

I admire him, for so many reasons.   What a courageous man, imperfect as is every human being, so I'd never expect to agree with him 100% always.   In life, we learn from those opinions that are different from ours, and if we surround ourselves only with those who are in total agreement we're in a deafening, numbing, and dangerous vacuum.   I've learned so much from him.   I share this quote (attributed to Tecumseh) from McCain's book Character Is Destiny: Inspiring Stories Every Young Person Should Know and Every Adult Should Remember.

“So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.   Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.   

Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people.    Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.    Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.   

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.   

Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of vision.    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.    Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.” 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo Thank you for your post. Perfect.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo Absolutely love your post and that quote. Thank you.