Esteemed Contributor

Re: John McCain diagnosed with brain cancer

I think this is the same kind of brain canacer that Ted Kennedy had. Glioblastoma. I've had two of my colleagues succumb to that very thing. It's ugly and has had very little success of treatment.

Valued Contributor

It is the same. Joe Biden's son also succumbed to this.

Trusted Contributor

Blessings to John and his family, such very sad news.

My prayers for successful treatment.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about this.  Blessings to Senator McCain and his family and May God Be With Them. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is going off topic

Honored Contributor

@151949 Yes we do all die of something, we all know that! John McCain and others like him who have done good for their country gets special announcement because he and they are well known. I don't have a problem with that. 

I may not have agreed with him 100% but he is an exceptional person and that in no way diminishes other people who have a terminal illness. You have to admit that he has gone through a great deal physically and has been blessed with 80 plus years of life. 

It's quite sad that anyone who has lived a full life gets diagnosed with such a awful illness.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 McCain qualifies as a hero even by your stated definition.  He refused to be released as a POW because he insisted the men who had been there longer should be released ahead of him and so he couldn't be used against his country.  He did that knowing he would be tortured because of it, as he was for years.

Honored Contributor

"One must think like a hero to behave like a merely decent human being". - May Sarton

Some people need more thinking.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

My oldest brother had the same type brain tumor Glioblastoma. He was only 51. That was 14 yrs ago next month. 

Respected Contributor

I lost a loved one in Vietnam and had a family member who struggled just to come back from the nightmare after his return. 

I am of that generation. 

I am not of Mr. McCain's political party but I think he is a great American, devoted to service of his country. I hope he lives a good long time. 

Acc. to a story I read this am, I think in the NY Times, 20% of people with this do survive 5 years or more.  Sometimes older people experience slower growth even with these aggressive cancers. 

The odds aren't good but he has beaten them before and I hope he does this time, too.