Esteemed Contributor

Re: John Lewis’ Funeral Tomorrow

@Mersha wrote:

What is the motivation of some to post on a thread that is a tribute to a public servant for decades on the day of his funeral with unwarranted negative remarks???

Especially when one doing so then complains about posters doing the same thing on a tribute thread of someone they admire.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Mersha,

I think "W" is adorable (as I wrote previously but my message was deleted).  He's always been a favorite of mine (in my own fashion, of course).

I loved his "chicken flock and John Lewis" story.

@golding76   I know what you mean.

I don't agree with him on many things but I know that he is a good, decent man.

I love his close friendship with Michelle Obama!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

What is the motivation of some to post on a thread that is a tribute to a public servant for decades on the day of his funeral with unwarranted negative remarks???

Especially when one doing so then complains about posters doing the same thing on a tribute thread of someone they admire.

Yes, it's hypocrisy and I called it out. I'm fed up with this place and some of the people here. It's so unhealthy.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

Some one on here told me on a post i had ,those that have to complain, say mean things ,are showing us all who they really are.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting

Respected Contributor

I said nothing about John Lewis the man. I just stated no one needs a service so long.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Coquille wrote:

@Mersha  You are somewhat new here. That is not unusual. There always was and always will be contrary people. That doesn't mean that they are not entitled to their opinion but there is a time and a place for everything!

If I read something that I feel is not right, I either respond in a respectful manner or I just ignore it and move on.  Take your pick.😉

@Coquille, I agree, we can't control how or what others choose to post, and even when we think we know best (as we fill out our application to be the next member of the QVC Social Team...  note the big wink here😉) we probably don't.   

I know not everyone will agree with me, but so often we contribute to the demise of a thread by confrontationally engaging the comments that "feel" contrary instead of just "letting them be" (as we say in the south).   

The truth is:   the way we treat others on the forums reflects on us...  our attitude, our posts, they point the finger at us, our character, not at the people we thought we were casting a bad light on.  

And unless and until we work on self-reflection, self-awareness, and look at how we ourselves contribute here, nothing will change.   It's not always the other person's fault, and I am not always innocent. 

It's about responsibility and maybe also some humility tossed into the mix.    

As the saying goes, we need to be responsible for the energy we bring to this space.   And all of this applies to me.  I'm as much at fault as anyone else.   That's one of the reasons I don't post as much as I used to.   I step back and look at what I've added to (or subtracted from) the value of this space and I don't always like what I see.

(sigh, again)  The confrontation on this thread will take it the way of all the others, others on so many different topics, that were closed out because we engaged in squabbles, perhaps carried grudges from one time or place to another, rolled around on the floor, and fell off the edge.   I don't know the answer, really don't.   Feeling tired, working through some personal pain, and wishing we could be more of a respectful community.  We can do better, I know this.  Sorry for the rant.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

It's sometimes incredibly difficult to read what some people post. This is one of those times. But I have to remember what John Lewis and so many others indured. My dismay at a few comments pales in comparison. It just makes me more determined to do whatever I can to avoid their dark place.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I forget to mention that maybe ignoring from hereon is the best strategy. These posters are also baiting in order to take this wonderful thread down.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland