Honored Contributor

Wonder whether the two surviving Beatles will be purchasing them?

Honored Contributor

none of the post offices in my area had any of the mister rogers stamps when i went in. they must have flown out the door. i checked in three post offices nearby.

i have never seen the jimi hendrix ones, but i do have the janis joplin ones. hopefully i wont miss out on the john lennon stamps.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45:  order online at store.usps.com

Trusted Contributor

Spud...those were not US stamps. 

Honored Contributor

It used to be that people had to do something important to get on a stamp or be a representative of the country.  I wonder if people still collect stamps?

Honored Contributor

I bought the last three sheets my P.O. had today.  They said they expected the stamps to go really fast and would be getting more in.  My comments:

As I posted earlier on this thread, and now that I've seen them in person, this isn't my favorite photo of John (he is squinting and I'm not crazy about his hair).  However, since I'm crazy about the Beatles I'll be using these a lot (and I have Beatles note cards to use them on).

I kinda like the different colors used - although it's not my favorite Beatles era, it does remind me of the psychodelic era they went through.

When I saw the words USA Forever on the stamps, to indicate they are forever stamps, I thought it should have read Strawberry Fields Forever  instead!  LOL Smiley Happy  I really did!

Honored Contributor

i was in our post office yesterday.

could not believe they had the lennon stamps available.

picked up a sheet to use and also picked up a sheet of scooby doo.

they did not have a huge selection of stamps available.......only illinois, scooby, lennon, peace rose, and american flags in the forever stamps.....that is it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee ... these look to me to be post-Beatles.  Still Lennon, though!

Honored Contributor

Re: John Lennon stamps

[ Edited ]

@ItsME wrote:

@Pearlee ... these look to me to be post-Beatles.  Still Lennon, though!

@ItsMEPerhaps.  But the way the P.O. did the coloring it still reminds me of the Beatles psychedelic era.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee ... I understand.  I really like the coloring!