Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U  Is it an Imagine memorial, or is it Strawberry Fields, or are there two?

Honored Contributor

0924897b657c3ff918a5fce9c41cee92.jpg

rip Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Makes it doubly sad that he was murdered...what a waste of one so talented.  George's passing was tragic,too,but at least not done intentionally. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

Makes it doubly sad that he was murdered...what a waste of one so talented.  George's passing was tragic,too,but at least not done intentionally. 

@MoJoV  I agree.  It's especially tragic when a genius life is cut short because, as I said in my first post, you can't help but wonder what other contributions (in this case music) would have been made to the world had the person lived longer.

Honored Contributor

I remember when John was killed like it was yesterday.  I still love to hear 'Imagine' and we can only imagine what he would have done if he had more time. 

Honored Contributor

Today again is the anniv. of Lennon's murder- 38 years ago today.

Esteemed Contributor

Was thinking of today's date being the anniversary of John's death last night

when we were watching Christmas videos and War is Over came on.

Esteemed Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

If you get the opportunity go see Paul McCartney.  We saw him 2 or 3 years ago and it was a surreal experience to be singing the Beatles songs with one of the Beatles. I was not lucky enough to see them when they came to USA.  Next to seeing Elvis in concert I was awestruck. So sorry when John died. Music is the universal language IMO.

@OKPrincess. I totally agree ,  seen Sir Paul a few times,  once overseas and each time I was in awe and went away feeling it was surreal.    I absolutely love him closest thing to seeing the Beeatles!  I hope to see him in concert  at least once more if possible ,  it's never going to be enough.     What a waste losing John all those years ago now.  What a sad thing fir all of us to not have the music he would have been writing and singing all these years as well .  Started playingWar is over a couple weeks ago ,  still holds up after all these years ,  love the song.   I'm sure he's signing in heaven....

Regular Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

George's passing was tragic,too,but at least not done intentionally. 

Unfortunately, that's not quite the case. George died of lung cancer, from smoking. He tried and tried to quit but he just couldn't and it got him in the end. How sad.