Trusted Contributor

I don't know how many of you might be fans of the Country/Bluegrass Duo, or be familiar with their story. 

Joey is in the final days, of her battle with terminal cancer. Her Husband, Rory, had, heartbreakingly kept everyone updated on her condition, via his blog. 

They have are a year old Downs Syndrome Daughter, and she also had two step daughters.  She and Rory, have shared an amazing love story, that has continued, throughout her Cancer battle. 

Their song, When I'm Gone, was recorded for a writer friend, who wrote it after losing her Mother, but, now seems so hauntingly "their song". It's available on YouTube.  Sad and beautiful, yet hopeful. 

I am a Diettian, in a large Catholic hospital. Today, one of the nuns, was asking us to listen to the song, say a prayer, send good wishes, whatever we were comfortable with, for the Feeks and the many people, who are dealing with end of life issues, and the loss, the survivors must face. 

She said, "please pass it on". So I am!  

Honored Contributor

Heart

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

It is really a horribly sad story.  Pray for all of them.

Frequent Contributor

I have been following Rory's blog.  His latest entry was Jan 9th...Doesn't seem like Joey has much time left, she is in a lot of pain.  So sad for them.  Love their music.

Respected Contributor

We have regular updates here in Indiana, where she and her family are staying during her hospice care - so sad for the children.  I didn't know much about them, but they seem like lovely people - prayers headed their way.  The last I heard was that she had told her husband she was ready for God to take her home.  It's been a long road for her. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Suhse I had NO idea!  Actually if I give it some thought, it's best I didn't know.  She's such a lovely feminine woman with a beautiful voice.  So natural.  He must be a wreck.  Yes, I will offer up my 'prayers' for her.  It's sad to know that her loveliness won't be seen on the television or stage but she leave such a good impression of a lovely lady with a natural talent. She will be missed.  

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I am not familiar with these two professionally but have been following their story thanks to Yahoo.  What a beautiful, courageous lady.  It does appear her journey is drawing to an end.  I wish her a peaceful, pain free conclusion to her life on earth.

Respected Contributor

I've been reading about them on Facebook - People Magazine follows their story.  They are in my prayers.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Joey and Rory Feek

[ Edited ]

Rory grew up in a small Kansas town.  They have been "home" several times for concerts.  I have seen them a couple of times at outdoor venues.  I loved them before Indiana was born but even more so since following his blog since her birth.

Honored Contributor

Country music husband-and-wife duo Joey and Rory are releasing new music, even as Rory Feek writes that his wife, Joey, is dying from cervical cancer.

Rory Feek has been documenting his wife's struggle with cancer in an online blog and wrote last fall that they had decided to end treatment after the cancer continued to spread. In the latest post on Saturday, he wrote that her pain was increasing daily.

The duo's new album, Hymns That Are Important to Us, will be available on February 12, just three days before the Grammy Awards, where the couple is nominated for best country duo/group performance with If I Needed You.

The new album includes the song When I'm Gone, which they recorded just after one of Joey's first surgeries. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."