Honored Contributor

Re: Job Issue - need to vent... what would you do?

Jules,

I think you did everything correctly. Sounds like you handled yourself professionally.

I like adelle's suggestion to put everything in writing.

Take care of yourself. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

I've had pts say inappropriate (and gross!!) things to me, and I always tell them it is inappropriate and then report the incident. You did the right thing. Do NOT go back there (I'm sure you won't, but just had to throw it out there). Smiley Wink I'm sorry this happened. You handled it in the best way possible.
Esteemed Contributor

Jules, I agree with everyone else here. I think you handled it perfectly. That is a difficult thing to deal with and it can be very humiliating and embarrassing (at least for me) even though you are not the one who did anything wrong.

Like the others have said please follow up with documenting this to your employer.

So sorry you had to go through that.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

Thanks everyone for your comments, support and suggestions. I agree, it is a great idea for me to write everything down...perhaps in an email to the Human Resources Director, in addition to the immediate supervisor that schedules my clients. I need to document it all while it is fresh in my mind.

I am certainly bummed, I don't know enough about his medical history so it's hard to say if he has any mental health issues or is just a perv, but he certainly overstepped the boundaries tonight. I know I didn't do anything to invite his behavior, was just nice and friendly to him, as I was supposed to be. I can't second guess myself about whether or not he misinterpreted that for anything else. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Esteemed Contributor

You did the right thing Jules. Used to be an HHA and then worked in the office staffing clients for 10 years. I had to deal with this kind of thing from the office side of things many times.

Do you know, is he new to the agency? If yes, then his previous agency probably dumped him for this kind of behavior. If no, then his previous caregiver probably dumped him for the same reason.

Just saying, that has been my experience. He's too easy otherwise to not be able to keep an aide.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

No answer or comment on your post. I do want to know however if you are the ""Jules"" that I know as preceding members with ""Jules"" in their nic?

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

On 3/10/2015 hckynut said:

No answer or comment on your post. I do want to know however if you are the "Jules" that I know as preceding members with "Jules" in their nic?

Hi John, yes it's me, I was Jules5280. Smile Hope you and Cindy are both doing well.

bettb, to answer your question, from what I understand he is not brand new to the company but obviously I have no knowledge of whether he has done this sort of thing with any other agency in the past.

Trusted Contributor

Jules, you mentioned possibly emailing HR. I'm sure you know your company's policy on this but you have to be very careful about using to discuss specifics of a health care client so that you don't violate HIPPA.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/10/2015 JustJules said:
On 3/10/2015 hckynut said:

No answer or comment on your post. I do want to know however if you are the "Jules" that I know as preceding members with "Jules" in their nic?

Hi John, yes it's me, I was Jules5280. Smile Hope you and Cindy are both doing well.

bettb, to answer your question, from what I understand he is not brand new to the company but obviously I have no knowledge of whether he has done this sort of thing with any other agency in the past.

Well, I guess it just sounds so familiar to me, as I said, I had to deal with it a lot...it happens a lot. The offenders are usually equal opportunity...they come on to every female aide you send and refuse to be staffed with a male. Might not be the case with him, but that's the way it usually is, in my experience.

I'm sorry that happened to you, I know it's upsetting.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

On 3/10/2015 adelle38 said:

I think you handled every aspect correctly. Just make sure you continue to document things in writing. If I were you I'd write a letter to the supervisor with the details and not just count on verbal documentation. Since the company is in the money making business they might be reluctant to lose a client.

What Adelle said. Document, document, document.