Trusted Contributor

Joanne Rogers (Mr. Rogers wife)

[ Edited ]

Mrs. Rogers has died.

**edited to remove link with political sidebars**

Honored Contributor

Re: Joanne Rogers (Mr. Rogers wife)

It's a drearier day in the neighborhood today.

Honored Contributor

Awwwww.  So very sad.  What an important part of American history, although, I never knew anything about her.

Mr Rogers helped so many, many children in a variety of ways.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

Awwwww.  So very sad.  What an important part of American history, although, I never knew anything about her.

Mr Rogers helped so many, many children in a variety of ways.

And he still isSmiley Happy

I watched an episode with my grandson the other day, and Mr. Rogers made ME feel betterSmiley HappyHeart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Well, of course, this is sad but I sort of wonder why this is even in the news....She was not famous; her husband was.

Respected Contributor

According to the news tonight, he credited his wife for his success.  I believe she is deserving of recognition for her life that made a difference for good in this world.

May she Rest In Peace.

Respected Contributor

I still think of Mr. Rogers like he was when my children were young. I can't believe that he would be 93 in March is he were alive. His wife Joanne was an accomplished pianist and she has kept alive his memory with the Fred Rogers Productions that specializes in non profit programs dedicated to children. She is indeed worthy of recognition. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow!! Behind every man there is a bright, intelligent woman who pushes him and makes him famous. 

Honored Contributor

Sad news.

I'm so sorry that this lovely woman has passed, but she and Mr. Rogers will now be reunited.  That would be wonderful for their special and kind-natured spirits.

Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

I still think of Mr. Rogers like he was when my children were young. I can't believe that he would be 93 in March is he were alive. His wife Joanne was an accomplished pianist and she has kept alive his memory with the Fred Rogers Productions that specializes in non profit programs dedicated to children. She is indeed worthy of recognition. 

And...she was famous.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky