Trusted Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Doctor Took A Selfie of Himself Just Before Performing An UNauthorized Biopsy

On 9/16/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 9/16/2014 brii said: Until I see a selfie, I won't believe it. There is a lot of ambiguity in this report.

I hope no one would publish that selfie. Joan's rights of privacy extend beyond death, imo.

I imagine IF someone was stupid and callous enough to take a selfie in the midst of a medical procedure, they would have deleted it after Joan died. We still don't have any facts.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Doctor Took A Selfie of Himself Just Before Performing An UNauthorized Biopsy

How ironic that the Doctor she took with her, obviously for security, I assume, was the cause of her death. I had assumed her Doctor was a male, but seems it was a female. Obviously, Joan had to be in the selfie, otherwise, what was the point of taking the picture, really obnoxious.

Esteemed Contributor

I was just reading that on CNN. If true that is SO terrible. They never name sources thought so I am waiting for the investigation to be completed and information confirmed from a reliable source.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I think it was very careless of CNN to put out this kind of info. If there is no selfie, that doctor's reputation is on the line.
Honored Contributor

A selfie does not cause death.

Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 brii said: I think it was very careless of CNN to put out this kind of info. If there is no selfie, that doctor's reputation is on the line.

I'd hope they were sure they had the correct information. We'll find out at some point.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 Lucky Charm said:

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor

If medical professionals are taking a selfie during or just prior to performing a procedure, they aren't focusing on their work. It could contribute to the death if it happened.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

What would the difference between 'skimming thru' personal texts or taking a picture have to do with someone dying?

Because they are holding a cell phone in their hands they aren't concentrating on the surgery they are about to perform?

I'm not understanding the reasoning. You can't have a conversation about anything other than the medical procedure when in an operating room???

Honored Contributor

The death was caused by the attempted biopsy, which caused Joan to stop breathing, etc.