Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Doctor Took A Selfie of Himself Just Before Performing An UNauthorized Biopsy

On 9/16/2014 Complicated said:

The doctor that alledgely took the pic was Joan's personal ENT that was brought into the clinic for this, right. And I read that the ENT is a female.

So, in my reasoning, I find the story suspicious-- why would a doctor that Joan brought in and was her regular doctor need to take a selfie. Seems odd.

I am NOT saying it is a false story, but I don't really trust it either. Those unnamed sources always put my alert button on guard.

The whole thing is just so sad.

I don't think we knew if it was her regular doctor or one she'd recently hired.

But... there have been other reports of MDs taking photos their patients didn't OK.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Doctor Took A Selfie of Himself Just Before Performing An UNauthorized Biopsy

On 9/16/2014 sophiamarie said:

Not that it matters, but the doctor was a female and nobody knows who was in the picture.

Go to 3:30 on the video. It's not definite but "sources" say an unconsious Joan is in the background of the selfie.

Respected Contributor

On 9/16/2014 NoelSeven said:

The doctor that alledgely took the pic was Joan's personal ENT that was brought into the clinic for this, right. And I read that the ENT is a female.

So, in my reasoning, I find the story suspicious-- why would a doctor that Joan brought in and was her regular doctor need to take a selfie. Seems odd.

I am NOT saying it is a false story, but I don't really trust it either. Those unnamed sources always put my alert button on guard.

But... there have been other reports of MDs taking photos their patients didn't OK.

But reasoning out that the photo was taken AFTER the authorized procedure (done by the clinic staff) and BEFORE the unauthorized biopsy (alleged)-- then it would have to be that th source is saying it was the ENT non-clinic doctor.

Honored Contributor

The entire situation is so sad. RIP, dear Joan. I'm always thinking of Melissa and Cooper and wishing them strength during this very sad time.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 sunala said:

I don't know about this. The woman reporting this story was hedging when Anderson Cooper was asking her questions about this supposed selfie. It sounded like she was making it up or she had no solid evidence of this, and it sounded like it was a female doctor, not Dr. Cohen.

This is just another puzzle piece that doesn't quite fit.

I really do hope they find out the truth, because in the meantime, we really know next to nothing.

Rest in peace, Joan.

Sunny, the report says the clinic doctor did the endoscopy, then Joan's personal EMT started an unauthorized biopsy.

There is a lot to follow with this story.

Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 9/16/2014 sophiamarie said:

Not that it matters, but the doctor was a female and nobody knows who was in the picture.

Go to 3:30 on the video. It's not definite but "sources" say an unconsious Joan is in the background of the selfie.

That's what I heard, also.

Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 NoelSeven said:

But reasoning out that the photo was taken AFTER the authorized procedure (done by the clinic staff) and BEFORE the unauthorized biopsy (alleged)-- then it would have to be that th source is saying it was the ENT non-clinic doctor.

Who did the biopsy? Yes, that's my understanding, also.

Honored Contributor

Until I see a selfie, I won't believe it. There is a lot of ambiguity in this report.
Honored Contributor

Is the biopsy hadn't started, then the swelling would have been from the procedure itself. We still do not have evidence that the procedure caused the arrest. Still a lot of questions, IMO
Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 brii said: Until I see a selfie, I won't believe it. There is a lot of ambiguity in this report.

I hope no one would publish that selfie. Joan's rights of privacy extend beyond death, imo.