Honored Contributor

Re: Joan River's dog's bowl sells for $14,000

@chickenbutt wrote:

Hi Chloe's Mom!  I agree with you.  

I get that she spent for her little canine baby.  I also get that it was HER money to spend as she would see fit.

Almost makes me feel bad that my Ru doesn't have his name on his bowls.  His are only the lowly stainless steel.  I don't like sterling silver anyway.  But the mat I have for under his bowl stand thingie has his name on it!  

Priceless.  Smiley Happy

But the bottom line is that the money is going to charity anyway, not that it is any of our business.  Smiley Wink

Hey @chickenbutt good to see you and your post made me laugh as after I got through being teary eyed over the bowl my exact next thought was gee, Chloe was extremely shortchanged in the dining accoutrements. . . tee hee!

Please give Ru a big ole hug and kiss for me!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I put a bid in on one of her pieces of jewelry in the online auction. I didn't win. I had a price that I wasn't going to go over. I do like the dog bowls but they are totally over priced. There was a piece of furniture I really loved but even the reserve price was really high so I am sure it went for a really high amount.

Both Joan and her daughter are both very generous and Melissa will be using some of that settlement for charities so I don't begrudge her anything. Even if she didn't put a cent to charity, I am sure they pay a pretty penny in their tax bracket, especially in California.

@Irshgrl31201 I so live vicariously through you . . . how exciting to bid on one of her pieces of jewelry (and I am sorry it is not yours, boo on the winner as they will not do it nearly the justice you would have)!

I know Melissa has caught a ton of grief over auctioning off Joan's things but she had so much stuff it was unreasonable to expect her to keep everything.  I like the way she is handling things since losing her mother and I think it is a testament to not only Melissa but also Joan.  I am sure she is proud (and quite possibly a tad crabby over some of the things Melissa is letting go of . . . Smiley Happy).

Honored Contributor

mtc wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

Hi Chloe's Mom!  I agree with you.  

I get that she spent for her little canine baby.  I also get that it was HER money to spend as she would see fit.

Almost makes me feel bad that my Ru doesn't have his name on his bowls.  His are only the lowly stainless steel.  I don't like sterling silver anyway.  But the mat I have for under his bowl stand thingie has his name on it!  

Priceless.  Smiley Happy

But the bottom line is that the money is going to charity anyway, not that it is any of our business.  Smiley Wink

Hey @chickenbutt good to see you and your post made me laugh as after I got through being teary eyed over the bowl my exact next thought was gee, Chloe was extremely shortchanged in the dining accoutrements. . . tee hee!

Please give Ru a big ole hug and kiss for me!  Smiley Happy

Hey Darlin!  Nice seein' ya!  Aww, well maybe you can get her a mat like I got for Ru.  Actually, this mat I got for under the stand thing where his bowls fit into was not exactly cheap, but it wasn't in the five-figures either, so I guess I got my money's worth.  Smiley Happy

I got it from some place that actually sells primarily horse stuff.  I can't even remember the site and where I got turned on to the site, as it's been a few years.  They put his name in the center of the bottom end and then there is a puppy foot print on each side of his name.  Cute!  Smiley Happy

Ru is doing ok but he's like me with the heat.  No likey!  He usually takes his little 20 minute puppy tanning sessions but it's been windy lately and I guess it's not as pleasant in the wind.  It's just like summer for two days and I'm already wishing it were winter.  *sigh*

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I put a bid in on one of her pieces of jewelry in the online auction. I didn't win. I had a price that I wasn't going to go over. I do like the dog bowls but they are totally over priced. There was a piece of furniture I really loved but even the reserve price was really high so I am sure it went for a really high amount.

Both Joan and her daughter are both very generous and Melissa will be using some of that settlement for charities so I don't begrudge her anything. Even if she didn't put a cent to charity, I am sure they pay a pretty penny in their tax bracket, especially in California.

@Irshgrl31201 I so live vicariously through you . . . how exciting to bid on one of her pieces of jewelry (and I am sorry it is not yours, boo on the winner as they will not do it nearly the justice you would have)!

I know Melissa has caught a ton of grief over auctioning off Joan's things but she had so much stuff it was unreasonable to expect her to keep everything.  I like the way she is handling things since losing her mother and I think it is a testament to not only Melissa but also Joan.  I am sure she is proud (and quite possibly a tad crabby over some of the things Melissa is letting go of . . . Smiley Happy).

I saw and interview with her where she was saying that she kept some of her moms stuff but more the kind of thing that had every day use. 

The piece I bid on wasn't really expensive at all and it was going to be a present for my mom. I wish! She had some great stuff!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK