Trusted Contributor

Re: Jimmy Dean commercials----eeeeeeeew!

@sunshine45  lol!

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

He was great in Rebel Without a Cause. Had no idea he ever got into sausages.

Even though you were corrected, @Porcelain, your second sentence still cracked me up.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain : As a child of the 1950s, I remember both men.  James Dean (actor) died in a car crash in mid fifties at age 24 while Jimmy Dean was a county singer who much much later got into sausages ( cute way to put it ).

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

He was great in Rebel Without a Cause. Had no idea he ever got into sausages.

Even though you were corrected, @Porcelain, your second sentence still cracked me up.

I was being silly. So few forum opportunities for that these days. Glad you laughed! Woman Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

Does anyone think these are creepy and weird? He'sbeen dead for TEN YEARS!!  And yet they're using the voice of a dead man to sell to sell stuff!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! 

I do remember Jimmy having a tv show - he was very popular. YES -- I can't stand the commercial - or any other commercial.I guess someone is making BIG BUCKS!!!!

Honored Contributor

I can tell many of the commercials are not his original voice, but someone trying to sound like him.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

Does anyone think these are creepy and weird? He'sbeen dead for TEN YEARS!!  And yet they're using the voice of a dead man to sell to sell stuff!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! 

I know it's none of my business, but how old are you?  I ask because of the title and the 'eeeeeeeew!'  I don't think 

'eeeeeeeew' is a word.  Plus it sounds so juvenile.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

It's just a commercial. I don't even know who this guy is anyway so I don't think about it. Anyway, don't they still show the Eiizabeth Taylor commercial about Diamond perfume?