Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Jimmy Dean commercials----eeeeeeeew!

@Terrywu wrote:

Happy to find you post.  I began to think I was the only person who thought it was odd that someone dead for so long would be advertising his breakfast products.  

My sentiments exactly!  lol!  I thought I was the only one, too, who find these commercials ridiculous.  That company needs a new marketing team.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Sunshine45  lol!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

He was great in Rebel Without a Cause. Had no idea he ever got into sausages.

Even though you were corrected, @Porcelain, your second sentence still cracked me up.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain : As a child of the 1950s, I remember both men.  James Dean (actor) died in a car crash in mid fifties at age 24 while Jimmy Dean was a county singer who much much later got into sausages ( cute way to put it ).

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

He was great in Rebel Without a Cause. Had no idea he ever got into sausages.

Even though you were corrected, @Porcelain, your second sentence still cracked me up.

I was being silly. So few forum opportunities for that these days. Glad you laughed! Woman Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression..
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

Does anyone think these are creepy and weird? He'sbeen dead for TEN YEARS!!  And yet they're using the voice of a dead man to sell to sell stuff!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! 

I do remember Jimmy having a tv show - he was very popular. YES -- I can't stand the commercial - or any other commercial.I guess someone is making BIG BUCKS!!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I can tell many of the commercials are not his original voice, but someone trying to sound like him.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

Does anyone think these are creepy and weird? He'sbeen dead for TEN YEARS!!  And yet they're using the voice of a dead man to sell to sell stuff!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! 

I know it's none of my business, but how old are you?  I ask because of the title and the 'eeeeeeeew!'  I don't think 

'eeeeeeeew' is a word.  Plus it sounds so juvenile.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

It's just a commercial. I don't even know who this guy is anyway so I don't think about it. Anyway, don't they still show the Eiizabeth Taylor commercial about Diamond perfume?